POWERMASTER EXPERTS

Cut and paste and attached a diagram for you...

Check valve is below the accumulator ball in the main body of the master cylinder

depressurize and remove accumulator ball
remove the steel line from the mastercylinder
there is a steel cartridge inside the opening , the check poppet is behind that cartridge with a spring behind the check poppet
to remove place a rag over the opening to catch parts and a quick shot of compressed air into the accumulator opening will push the parts out

clean the check face and the cartridge rubber face of sludge .
make sure spring isn't collapsed or broken

to install
install spring on check poppet , spring end goes into opening first
then the cartridge with rubber face in toward check
then reinstall hose

pm.jpg

So I tried the shot of air in the accumulator port (roughly 80 psi) and the poppet valve did not come out, any other way? Thanks

Well I used higher pressure and it popped out. The oring and other seal looked real good and so did the plastic seat, very flat and smooth. I cleaned everything and put it back together and filled the reservoir. The pump turned on and sucked the reservoir down and it does not appear to be filling back up. I will check again shortly.
The problem is still the pump runs 7 secs every other time I step on the brake pedal. I don't think it should do that right? I know I still have to bleed the system after having it open but I don't know if that would affect what I am seeing? What else should I look for. Thanks

paul

Where the steel line goes into the MC is where the check valve is. Where the steel line seats against the inside is what holds the check valve behind it. the check valve will fly out of that hole the steel line attaches. You can blow air into the hole the pressure switch screws into but the accumulator will need to be screwed back in, or vice versa.

Ok looks like I fixed that problem (thanks to you) but I may still have another problem. Read my post above Turbodave and let me know if this is normal. I just ordered Kirbans PM book but I still like hearing help from you guys. Thanks again.

paul

Mine cycles every other pedal press. Not at home right now to time it's run time though.

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk.

Well I used higher pressure and it popped out. The oring and other seal looked real good and so did the plastic seat, very flat and smooth. I cleaned everything and put it back together and filled the reservoir. The pump turned on and sucked the reservoir down and it does not appear to be filling back up. I will check again shortly.
The problem is still the pump runs 7 secs every other time I step on the brake pedal. I don't think it should do that right? I know I still have to bleed the system after having it open but I don't know if that would affect what I am seeing? What else should I look for. Thanks

paul
You have a normal functioning Powermaster. It is working as it should.