powerlogger install question

GNocide

rumors of my death are greatly exaggerated
my issue is understanding #4 completely ,separation of the two halves after the screws are out.
there are not pics or points of reference to to the people that have never done that(95%)and don't want to damage anything brittle.
is there a YouTube, pic or install explaining the goof off cleaning location and separation more in detail since it seems like the most intricate part except maybe software?
tried google search- found 1 question on this with no replies on fullthrottletech
thanks

IMG_20141017_194548334_HDR.jpg

The connection to the right hanging over the trash can is the one you are cleaning. I liked using goof off, and then when all done final clean with electrical contact cleaner to make sure you have a completely clean connection.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
my issue is understanding #4 completely ,separation of the two halves after the screws are out.
there are not pics or points of reference to to the people that have never done that(95%)and don't want to damage anything brittle.
is there a YouTube, pic or install explaining the goof off cleaning location and separation more in detail since it seems like the most intricate part except maybe software?
tried google search- found 1 question on this with no replies on fullthrottletech
thanks
Did you figure it out? I just did mine and its pretty easy.

Ok, I just did mine last night. I will say that the instructions were a little lacking. Seemed to be steps missing.

As far as separating goes it just kind of opens up like a book. If i remember correctly I had to take out the 5 screws on the side and that gave it enough room to flip up.
As
IMG_3331.JPG

As far as the cleaning the connector goes, you need to clean the big right connector. Don't waste an hour doing the left one like I did. :(

IMG_3332.JPG

Be sure to clean both sides. I used goo gone and a plastic scraper. Took awhile but wanted to make sure it was clean.

okay got it done tonight - was all into it but Bill Haines was having none of that and cleaned it with auto body chemicals, a razor blade ,and steel wool.
HE WAS VERY GENTILE AS USUAL ! ha-ha
thanks Bill and to all that posted especially the pics!

My PCB connector didn't seem to have much residue that came off. I even used goof off like the instructions stated. I just used a screwdriver (very gently) and a fingernail.