PowerLogger startup issue

JustABuick

Hello,

I just got a PowerLogger installed, and last night I put the ECU back in place. Before I wired up the connections to the analog board (Scanmaster, wideband, fuel pressure), I wanted to verify that it was working. I hooked it up, started the car, and got nothing on the tach display in the PL unit. I took the ECU back out, cleaned the PCB connection and tried again today with the same result.

The PowerLogger should at least read the rpm via the software on the computer, right? I used goof off almost 10 times cleaning both sides of the PCB connector, but it didn't seem like there was much residue. Do I have to configure something before the PL will even read rpm?

Edit: the first time I cleaned the PCB connector, I was gently using an old screw driver-I later noticed that it had an almost invisible magnetic tip, so I could have fried it? The car starts up fine, though.

Thanks,

Kelly

I put a mulitmeter on the PCB connector fingers, and it could pick up electrical conductivity, so it sounds like the pcb is clean enough. Also checked the PL itself with the multimeter. I am using Windows 10, and I assume the drivers were automatically found, because I didn't have to do it myself. What else could it be?

Last edited:
Look in the "devices and printers" and see if it has found the powerlogger. The device will be named something like FT232R UART. You will need the key on and the USB cable connected.

Look in the "devices and printers" and see if it has found the powerlogger. The device will be named something like FT232R UART. You will need the key on and the USB cable connected.

Thank you! Of course it was the drivers, which I'm sure you already knew. Looks to be up and running now.