Powerlogger doesn't work in my car

Has the car shown any symptoms without the pwoerlogger?

I one time had a powerlogger with a internal short. If I remember right, it was in the wideband circuit. Car would act up with powerlogger and run fine with out it. Long story short it was sent in once and cleared of any issues. Came back, still had the same problem. Sent it back to Bob where it finally jacked up on him.

Rick
Never had any issues without the PL installed. Eric @ TT was kind enough to send me another PL to try and it did the same thing the very first WOT blast after installing it.

Hard to match that support.

Did you switch the I/0 and cable when you switched the logger?

Rick

No, but the issue has occurred with the I/O board and cable disconnected from the PL

The only addition I have made to my combo that is electrical related is a 150 Amp alternator ..... any chance you have a new alternator? My thought is electrical noise under high load? Maybe?
I still have my old one that worked for 2 years on my previous combo with no problem, I will have to give it a try when I get the time.

The only addition I have made to my combo that is electrical related is a 150 Amp alternator ..... any chance you have a new alternator? My thought is electrical noise under high load? Maybe?
I still have my old one that worked for 2 years on my previous combo with no problem, I will have to give it a try when I get the time.
No not a new alternator, but anything is possible as far as interference. I suppose the PL is more susceptible to interference than the stock ECM. I tried different plug wires, same issue. Just so irritating that the car runs perfectly fine....as long as the PL in not installed.

No not a new alternator, but anything is possible as far as interference. I suppose the PL is more susceptible to interference than the stock ECM. I tried different plug wires, same issue. Just so irritating that the car runs perfectly fine....as long as the PL in not installed.

Thanks for posting all you have tried! I believe my problem is the same, I have never lost programming just the PL signals dropping out and momentary power loss. As long as I only make short bursts, few seconds my car runs perfect. I had it out for a 40 mile run yesterday , it ran great!

Thanks for posting all you have tried! I believe my problem is the same, I have never lost programming just the PL signals dropping out and momentary power loss. As long as I only make short bursts, few seconds my car runs perfect. I had it out for a 40 mile run yesterday , it ran great!
Do just you PL I/O signals drop out or are you getting 0V frames of TPS, Batt +, followed by a few frames of 0 RPM, then back to normal? From the drivers seat its like somebody killed the ignition switch for a quarter second and turned it back on. Pops, instant engine dead, alive again, sometimes CEL flicker, once in a great while tune loss. Ill keep updating this thread with everything I try / find until I get this fixed, or I give up on PL. If you see a NIB PL and 6.1 chip in the For Sale section you'll know I finally gave up. lol

Lol. That's a $700 or $2000 solution. Or if I try TR6 and it doesn't fix it $700 + $2000 lol. I say this jokingly as I appreciate any and all input. I would buy the TR6 setup if I knew it would fix my issue

Do just you PL I/O signals drop out or are you getting 0V frames of TPS, Batt +, followed by a few frames of 0 RPM, then back to normal? From the drivers seat its like somebody killed the ignition switch for a quarter second and turned it back on. Pops, instant engine dead, alive again, sometimes CEL flicker, once in a great while tune loss. Ill keep updating this thread with everything I try / find until I get this fixed, or I give up on PL. If you see a NIB PL and 6.1 chip in the For Sale section you'll know I finally gave up. lol

I just searched through my logs and found 1 of the 3 times it happened. Everything on the PL graph momentarily drops to the bottom of the graph, except the WBO2 AFR that spikes lean.........that is why I have not tested much with a new motor!!!

Glad you guys are trying to figure it out. I have my popcorn out and just read. I narrowed it down on my car to two things. I installed a tr6 and xfi and it fix the problem. Which one fixed it, I'm going to say the tr6 did but I can't say for sure.

Glad you guys are trying to figure it out. I have my popcorn out and just read. I narrowed it down on my car to two things. I installed a tr6 and xfi and it fix the problem. Which one fixed it, I'm going to say the tr6 did but I can't say for sure.
I'm not willing to guess with items that cost that much money. At least not yet. Eric @ TT has emailed me and is really stepping up to the plate here and IMO going above and beyond. He is sending me another PL of a previous version to try out of curiosity. My next trials will be further monitoring of the 12v ign, I will try another coil pack / module, another battery, and maybe eventually another alternator. I have another TB I can rob parts off of to start experimenting.

I've done all the above. I even tried several different coils and modules new and used and nothing. I replaced about everything you could one piece at a time. Only thing I didn't do was the tr6 and xfi seperate.

Just throwing a couple more things out there.

Have you pulled the calpak chip and checked for corrosion? Thats something easily overlooked.

Is your ignition module ac delco?

Rick

Just throwing a couple more things out there.

Have you pulled the calpak chip and checked for corrosion? Thats something easily overlooked.

Is your ignition module ac delco?

Rick
I've used two separate ECM's each with their own cal pak. Good idea though

Module I don't know. I've only owned this car about 2 months. I do know the other car I have available to me has an AC Delco module and coil though.

Plugs are Autolite racing 133's gapped at 0.030"

Keep the suggestions coming. Coil and module are very very high on my next to try list

I've used two separate ECM's each with their own cal pak. Good idea though

Module I don't know. I've only owned this car about 2 months. I do know the other car I have available to me has an AC Delco module and coil though.

Plugs are Autolite racing 133's gapped at 0.030"

Keep the suggestions coming. Coil and module are very very high on my next to try list

I have 2 AC Delco Coil Packs and Modules, 1 new set, 1 40k mile from 1987. Both have been to the track and dyno in the past 2 years with no problem on my old combo. Several Plugs run, Autolite, NGK, Denso.

The new combo has TA Aluminum heads with NGK R5671A-8