Powerlogger doesn't work in my car

I'm not saying your wrong I appreciate all input. But I put a lot of time in it today. I have always worked by the statistic that says if a problem didn't exist before, than something you did probably caused it. After several hours today of testing I am pretty confident that somehow the issue only happens when the I/O board is plugged into the power logger. It would never do it when that was unplugged. Plug that in and problem returns. Over and over. I started then taking inputs off the board tk determine if it was a sensor or just the board being connected that was causing the issue. I need just a little more time with the wideband disconnected to draw a conclusion. I'll keep you posted. If I have wastes my time and cannot find a pattern I will take a coil and or module off another TB I have. You might be right.

Yea I really want to. But I don't have another ECM other than the factory one. The whole reason I bought a reman unit was I didn't want to hack up my original ECM case. I may get over that worry very fast lol

I've had a couple of ECM's do some weird things in the past. Not saying that's what your problem is...just throwing that out there for you.:)

Best of luck but my guess is its not the ecm or anything to do with the power logger. . What fuel are you running and what boost. If I missed it..

93 octane. Its not the fuel. Burned 1/4 tank to almost dry testing today and filled up. No effect. Running about 18 lbs boost right now. Tuned back on timing and rich on fuel until I get this figured out

My ECM is not resetting. The reason I couldn't get the program to stick using PL is I was trying to do it with a 5.6 chip when I thought it was a 5.7. Read your thread though. Seems like the same frustration level! Some of those connections in Bison's post WOW!

for some reason i cant download your log,it just opens my powerlogger.
on your log just your volts drop off?

No one or two frames everything drops to 0v with the exception of like MAP, Fuel Pressure, extras that I put in. I'm in the car right now getting ready to run again. Took the ECM apart re-cleaned the terminal with contact cleaner, plugged and unplugged PL a few times and put back together. Will report back shortly ;)

No one or two frames everything drops to 0v with the exception of like MAP, Fuel Pressure, extras that I put in. I'm in the car right now getting ready to run again. Took the ECM apart re-cleaned the terminal with contact cleaner, plugged and unplugged PL a few times and put back together. Will report back shortly ;)
yep same issue here.

Not fixed. Gosh I'm getting frustrated. Going to eat some dinner and go back at it. Getting sick of beating my car to death trying to figure this out. I still have not had it do it when the I/O board was unplugged.

maybe start with the board plugged on the computer without any inputs put on it.then put one at a time till you can recreate the issue.maybe narrow it down to one of the inputs or the board?

maybe start with the board plugged on the computer without any inputs put on it.then put one at a time till you can recreate the issue.maybe narrow it down to one of the inputs or the board?
Yea I did that. Did it I got down to only WB on the board and it still did it. Going to try again with no inputs.

I should also note that when it does it real good it sets a code 42. Sometimes a bunch of others but always at least code 42

I chased a gremlin like that for 8 months. New parts . . . Testing it would do the same thing. .problem would come and go. . Well it ended up being a bad motor mount. . .motor would tilt under load and make contact with battery line.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1415234773630.png
    uploadfromtaptalk1415234773630.png
    2 MB · Views: 139
Thanks for the idea. Just checked that. Looks good. Engine has the ole ratchet strap on the alternator bracket too. Can't get it to do it now. I give up for tonight. I've burned about 3/4 tank of fuel in 24 hrs doing just WOT blasts around a radius of about 3 miles of my shop. I'm going to install my alky nozzle and call it a night. I'd doesn't want to mess up tonight anymore so it must not want to be fixed lol

Same problem here.
Only with the powerlogger I will get an infrequent Drop to zero. Lasts about 1 frame and then back running smooth. Tried 2 ECMs and cleaning connections, checking grounds ect. ONLY happens with the Pl connected. The Direct scan never had an issue like this. Wish I had a good solution.

i sent my whole computer,powerlogger and chip to eric,he used it in his car for a few days and it was fine.put it back in mine and it was the same,it went away for a long time,then came back with a vengence.now its constant like achalmersman is.
i hope someone figures this out.ive walked away from mine for a while so i dont get to frustrated.

Wow. Its nice to hear people chime in on this. Wonder if there was a bad batch of components that turned into a bad batch of power logger boards. How old are your guys units? I got mine from Eric about 3 weeks ago

I'll bet good money it's not the powerlogger. At least on the car I've been working on. It does it with or without the power logger installed. I did about everything to it. Next thing would be to direct wire the ecm power and ground. I bet that fixes the issues

Last edited: