Powerlogger doesn't work in my car

Great news to add to this thread !!
Last weekend I changed out the non resistor plugs to NGK resistor plugs and had time for a few short test runs that were successful !!
This morning I went out to my test road and made full through 3rd gear test passes, All worked perfectly !!!

Added info all the electronics i.e. Computer, chip, injectors, module, coil pack, power logger, several different resistor plug for iron heads and tablet have been in the car for the past 3 years without any problems.

This problem occurred after installing a new motor with TA Aluminium heads. I ordered the recommended NGK plugs from the TA web page. (I did not realize they were Non resistor plugs, nor did I know this could be the result of using them !) This problem probably does not happen if you are running an after-market computer.

Good lesson learned !! Thankfully it was just a set of spark plugs!
Thanks for everyone’s help!!!

Great news to add to this thread !!
Last weekend I changed out the non resistor plugs to NGK resistor plugs and had time for a few short test runs that were successful !!
This morning I went out to my test road and made full through 3rd gear test passes, All worked perfectly !!!

Added info all the electronics i.e. Computer, chip, injectors, module, coil pack, power logger, several different resistor plug for iron heads and tablet have been in the car for the past 3 years without any problems.

This problem occurred after installing a new motor with TA Aluminium heads. I ordered the recommended NGK plugs from the TA web page. (I did not realize they were Non resistor plugs, nor did I know this could be the result of using them !) This problem probably does not happen if you are running an after-market computer.

Good lesson learned !! Thankfully it was just a set of spark plugs!
Thanks for everyone’s help!!!
What plug # did you go with?

I am running the NGK Iridium BKR8EIX or 2668 in the TA SI Heads. No problems for the last 500 miles and test passes!
Well, i just bought the -9 version of these at $7ea, so I hope to rid my SM resetting in mid boost with these. I'll update.

I too am running the recommended spark plugs for my TA SI heads and have this same problem with my new engine. I discovered this problem two days ago and am so grateful to have found this thread already. On my powerlogger,I noticed only some sensors reading zero. The biggest problem for me is the logger won't record what I want it to or will stop recording as soon as some things go to zero before I let off of the throttle. The other problem is that I have problem getting the logger to connect,at which point I get an error warning. If I have the ignition on engine off,I can open the logger and log all I want with no glitches. My problems start when the engine is running and it only needs to be running. The problems start while it is idling. Engine off,Powerlogger works flawlessly. I,m very sure this is my problem And will be reporting back this weekend.

Has anyone found a non projected plug other than the NGK 4892 (R7434-8)?

I too am running the recommended spark plugs for my TA SI heads and have this same problem with my new engine. I discovered this problem two days ago and am so grateful to have found this thread already. On my powerlogger,I noticed only some sensors reading zero. The biggest problem for me is the logger won't record what I want it to or will stop recording as soon as some things go to zero before I let off of the throttle. The other problem is that I have problem getting the logger to connect,at which point I get an error warning. If I have the ignition on engine off,I can open the logger and log all I want with no glitches. My problems start when the engine is running and it only needs to be running. The problems start while it is idling. Engine off,Powerlogger works flawlessly. I,m very sure this is my problem And will be reporting back this weekend.

My pl started acting up like that also and had to send it to Eric at TT to fix , now it is fine

My pl started acting up like that also and had to send it to Eric at TT to fix , now it is fine
It has worked flawlessly until I used these non resistor plugs. I don't believe in coincidence. Again, it still works flawlessly with the ignition on and engine not running. I'll know today or tomorrow,weather permitting,and will report back.

I found a plug that might work. I had a new engine built for me with the TA SI aluminum heads. I wanted a resistor plug that closely matched what was recommended by TA. I searched pretty deep on this board and elsewhere. From a post on this board, I finally found that norbs had found an NGK BCR8ES (stock number 5430) plug with the right characteristics (Thank you NORBS!) :
B= 14mm thread
C= 5/8" hex head non projected tip
R= Internal Resistor
8= heat range
E=3/4" reach gasketed
S= standard core electrode. non v groove

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/threads/spark-plugs.347724/#post-2783801

They are a real b***h to find in the US. Finally found a source here and ordered 6:

http://www.ninjaperformance.com/ngk-bcr8es-non-projected-tip-resistor-set-p-219374.html

Waiting to test them after I get the engine installed.

Hope this helps someone.

Attachments

• 5430.JPG
    5430.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 104