Power Steering / Hydroboost Help!!

Go here and solve your problem, they can supply you with a high pressure pump, or rebuild a factory unit, the endless posts about "part store" replacment pumps and boosters is proof enough to buy a new high quality unit, we are talking BRAKES here, no place to cheap out.

PSC Motorsports Online
Great guys, very helpful and quick shipment !

I am mid way thru my Hydroboost swap now and am using the Alum reservoir, will have some billet brackets avail soon to make it a bolt in to the factory location (will have 3 extras after this weekend) do the Braided teflon line kit also, get it from Welcome to Hydratech Braking Systems :: High Performance Hydraulic Brake Assist Systems

Same thing, only new high quality components, very, very helpful !

OK, off my stump and back to the 14 bolt rear rebuild on my GMC

Thanks for those links. I had been wndering if the pump could provide enough kick for the booster and steering. Do you have any pics of the hydratech system? I was thinking of doing that and doing all the lines with aeroquip so they last a long time.

I'm also planning on doing the Canton p-steer reservoir with Aeroquip lines as my return lines are dry and crispy, not to mention they leak. (What do you expect after 25 years of engine compartment heat right? :) )

Thanks for those links. I had been wndering if the pump could provide enough kick for the booster and steering. Do you have any pics of the hydratech system? I was thinking of doing that and doing all the lines with aeroquip so they last a long time.

I'm also planning on doing the Canton p-steer reservoir with Aeroquip lines as my return lines are dry and crispy, not to mention they leak. (What do you expect after 25 years of engine compartment heat right? :) )

Scott, send me a PM with you e-mail address I will send you some pics of the pcs I have made and will offer to others, plus some of the Hydratech "Show" prepped system.

...my car has always whined when I turn. I have changed the power steering pump a couple of times, still whined. Last year I did the hydroboost conversion. Everything worked great, car braked better than ever, but the whine was basically a constant thing unless I wasn't turning or wasn't braking. Last week the whine got really bad, PS reservoir overflowed with foamy fluid.

You're not alone. I too have experienced p.s. fluid all over the engine bay when it was hot under the hood (summer day) and I would be racing the car. While the p.s. pump made a god awful whining sound like metal on metal. At the end of the track it was really loud. Step on the brake pedal (I also converted to hydroboost) and the whine would get louder plus I could feel it thru the brake pedal. My pump didn't die though and I haven't noticed any leakage since. After letting it cool down all was back to normal....sort of.

Could very well be a reservoir issue, possible foaming etc, need more volume so it cycles thru the pump less often.
One thing no one has mentioned is a cooler. I have one on my dually from GMC, it adds volume also, and settles the foaming, just a thought.