Power logger questions

pwr6kid

I have noticed on my logs that the 3rd 4th or tcc lock up lights never trip. What is needed/conditions need to be met for the logger to show these? I have a turbo tweak chip alky chip in the car right now. IM not too worried about lock up right now just the ¾ lights. I know lock up is dependant on the chip and converter.
Thanks, Rich F

Well, you'll never see TCC lockup if you never see a 4th gear light. TCC won't lock until at least 45mph and in 4th gear (and NOT WOT).

Is the electrical connector on the side of the tanny hooked up? That's where the signals come from to get to the ECM.

On Eric's chips its based on MPH not the switches, not sure if the code is changed not to show on the power logger or not becuase of this.

On Eric's chips its based on MPH not the switches, not sure if the code is changed not to show on the power logger or not becuase of this.

So do the Extenders (mph that is), BUT(no matter the chip), the ecm still has to see a 4th gear signal before it will send out the ground signal to lock the TCC, otherwise you have to do it manually.

Ok after today, I took the car for a ride on the highway tonight, I have tcc and 4th. I’m now positive the reason for never seeing the tcc or 4th in my logs is from them being wot pulls. So what makes the 3rd light come on?

Ok after today, I took the car for a ride on the highway tonight, I have tcc and 4th. I’m now positive the reason for never seeing the tcc or 4th in my logs is from them being wot pulls.

Left some details out huh? :rolleyes:

So what makes the 3rd light come on?

The tranny sends a signal (ground I believe) to the ECM, and the powerlogger will see that.