Power Logger Low Boost Readings

iwantatta

I just finished installing my power logger on a stock car. I followed the instructions from the vortex website but i seem to be getting low boost readings. I can't get it to read anymore than 10psi when i get on it.

I've set the option to 3bar map in the power logger. Also checked the grey wire and its reading 5.11v. It was reading 5.33v until i hooked it up to the ECM. I haven't done anything with the ground so i'm not sure if thats the issue or not. I've used a multimeter to check for a good ground at the sensor and its seems to be ok. Car is seeing some knock occasionaly 2-3 degrees when at 10psi of boost.

A little lost on what to try next. Could i possibly only be getting 10psi boost on a stock car?

I just finished installing my power logger on a stock car. I followed the instructions from the vortex website but i seem to be getting low boost readings. I can't get it to read anymore than 10psi when i get on it.

I've set the option to 3bar map in the power logger. Also checked the grey wire and its reading 5.11v. It was reading 5.33v until i hooked it up to the ECM. I haven't done anything with the ground so i'm not sure if thats the issue or not. I've used a multimeter to check for a good ground at the sensor and its seems to be ok. Car is seeing some knock occasionaly 2-3 degrees when at 10psi of boost.

A little lost on what to try next. Could i possibly only be getting 10psi boost on a stock car?

Yes its possible to only be making 10# on a stock GN. BUT. Since it is stock, is your map sensor the original 2 bar? If so set PL to match that.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Guess its not completely stock :)

Its a 3 Bar map i got from gbodyparts. Is it something i should be concerned about? I thought it would read 13-14psi. I don't have an adjustable wastegate yet either. Just trying to get a good baseline before moving on. Don't have a good boost gauge yet to compare it against either

Well if you still have the stock wastegate actuator and stock chip and all, it's very possible you could only be making 10# of boost. Usually the stock setup will run closer to 12, but you never know.