Power Antenna to Fixed Mast Kit or Source

SpeedRacerX

So, after struggling to fix my power antenna (new motor kit and nylon cord & tube) today to no avail, I decided that I might be better off with a fixed mast antenna and be done with this insanity.

I see people on here convert from power antenna to fixed mast antenna all the time but I can never quite figure out if folks are buying used parts from other Regals or if someone actually offers a kit.

Can anyone point me to everything I need to make this conversion? Does the original RF line get reused?

Thx!

I converted mine many years ago. Found a nice black long single stick antennae at the local autozone and done. If I recall you may need an adapter to plug the lead from the aftermaket to the stock lead on the car and that was available at as too when I did it. Hated the power retractable chrome antennae that broke about once a year. Imo the black stick looks much Better and looks like it came that way.

I converted mine many years ago. Found a nice black long single stick antennae at the local autozone and done. If I recall you may need an adapter to plug the lead from the aftermaket to the stock lead on the car and that was available at as too when I did it. Hated the power retractable chrome antennae that broke about once a year. Imo the black stick looks much Better and looks like it came that way.
Got it. But what holds the antenna to the fender now that the original power antenna tube is gone? There is nothing under the fender now for the antenna to hold securely to. There must be some sort of bracket or mount needed???

Yes you use the cars original lead all the way to the fender and may need an adapter. Depends on what repacement antennae come with these days. The biggest headache is getting the old power antennae out. Not fun.

replacement antennae will come with all hardware needed to mount in the hole. Fairly simple to install. Pita is removing the old. Fenders. Gotta be partially removed.

replacement antennae will come with all hardware needed to mount in the hole. Fairly simple to install. Pita is removing the old. Fenders. Gotta be partially removed.
Removed the original power antenna assembly today. PITA is correct. Thank goodness I had the repair instructions printed from the Tech forum so I knew to protect the paint on the fender and most importantly, the door. I did get a little cut up. What I was worrying about the most was envisioning me pulling on the panel and making a crease or dent somewhere else on the fender. You would have heard me scream from there.

yeah, after doing that twice I had enough and I decided it wasn't worth doing it a third time it and I converted to the stick. (y)

yeah, after doing that twice I had enough and I decided it wasn't worth doing it a third time it and I converted to the stick. (y)

Thanks for the advice. I picked up an all black kit for GM vehicles that includes the under the sheet metal mount, the angled black fender cap, mast etc. Looks factory. Can't wait to install it next weekend.

Thanks for the advice. I picked up an all black kit for GM vehicles that includes the under the sheet metal mount, the angled black fender cap, mast etc. Looks factory. Can't wait to install it next weekend.
do you want to sell out power antenna

Any pics or part # for this? Wanting to replace my ugly fixed antenna.

Any pics or part # for this? Wanting to replace my ugly fixed antenna.

Sorry man, not yet. I have it in the garage waiting to be installed this Spring. It gives me twitches every time I see the job still unfinished. The kit is a Metra kit from either Advanced Auto or AutoZone - I can't remember. Universal kit. I was just out in the garage but at 15 degrees, I didn't last long.

Now, the RF lead attached to the base is long. Meant to go all the way back to the radio but I have a feeling routing that back to the radio won't be fun so I might get a Metra adapter where I can plug this cable into the adapter and then the adapter will plug into the end of the RF lead that is already there in the engine bay from the factory.

Might be another month or two before its warm enough for me to tackle this.