Powder coating maf and up pipe

Here mine got coated!!

Attachments

• 1428699884231.jpg
    1428699884231.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 134
After looking closely at these powerful, beautiful engines (God, they are gorgeous!!!) I'm still cleaning the bathroom.:(

Bruce '87 Grand National

Black chrome idea ain't bad either. Like I posted earlier id like to see them on the car. I bet they look awesome!

Its mirror black. Tried black chrome but did not like it . It looked to silver or gray.
Black chrome changes with the base color/ and the lighting...... I've even seen it look green.
I really don't care much for it... I worked with the original manufacturer of black chrome and it was hard to get it consistent. Kinda like chrome powder. small parts OK large parts not so much.

Black chrome changes with the base color/ and the lighting...... I've even seen it look green.
I really don't care much for it... I worked with the original manufacturer of black chrome and it was hard to get it consistent. Kinda like chrome powder. small parts OK large parts not so much.
Yep

My pipes are highly polished. How would this finish look on top of a high polished aluminum? Would it be more reflective?

With paint and clear u can tent the clear but must be etched and sealed on aluminum or can come off. But powder coating u can't tint the clear like u can with paint. But still got to have a base color and that is what we run into trying black chrome. Could not get the affect.

I still don't get it. So, it's not beneficial to have a polished surface under a mirror/highly reflective powder coat?

If not, I can't bring myself to etch my polished pipes after spending weeks to get the Whole motor to shine like a diamond. It was too much work to dump out for powder coating.