Powder coating maf and up pipe

Meno19

Has anybody done this, painted or powder any of them. I'm looking into doing this just seeing what others out there have done. And possible pics maybe? I'm looking for something other then having polished or chrome pipes. Thanks guys

You can powder coat about anything, here is some of the stuff I did to my gen1 lightning. I will be powder coating my intake pipes on the GN here soon.

Color is up to you. You can powder coat them green with pink polka dots if you like. Although black, silver, and white seem to be the more typical favorites.

Color is up to you. You can powder coat them green with pink polka dots if you like. Although black, silver, and white seem to be the more typical favorites.
I was thinking of doing like a matte black. With our cars being black I havnt seen a lot of black powder coating. Maybe to much??

All kidding aside. I happen to like red and yellow on black or silver Turbo Buicks. I reason that there are only 2 colors present on the car's exterior. Red, which is on the tail lights and emblems. And Yellow, which is also present on the front lights and emblems. Bringing these colors into the engine compartment helps carry the theme throughout. The addition of more color like Blue, Green, White, etc., begins to make things look a bit tacky. Too much color and it will look like something featured on Telemundo.

Used to have a chrome pipe, I kind of like chrome cause there's a lot of black under a TR hood

Then I got a PTE SLIC and the bare AL didn't look as good so it's gunmetal metallic

Used to have a chrome pipe, I kind of like chrome cause there's a lot of black under a TR hood

Then I got a PTE SLIC and the bare AL didn't look as good so it's gunmetal metallic

I just polish the crap out of everything! Then afterwards, I go to work with black stuff stuck around my eyes for a week. My work buddies think I dress in drag and ware mascara at night. :kiss:
engine 3.jpg
engine 4.jpg

Has anybody done this, painted or powder any of them. I'm looking into doing this just seeing what others out there have done. And possible pics maybe? I'm looking for something other then having polished or chrome pipes. Thanks guys
yup I went powdercoated jet wet black gave me a break from polishing which I needed;)

Go to any power coating guy,usually they have books on the colors they stock.I believe it was called alien silver I used for my inter cooler pipes .Its a silver with metal flake..Love the color

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    441.4 KB · Views: 184
How about this. ..

Attachments

• 20141005_104744.jpg
    20141005_104744.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 151
  • 20150403_151102.jpg
    20150403_151102.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 159
Man, you guys have some SERIOUS looking engines there...and they are beautiful!!!

I feel so small..:sick:

Well, back to cleaning the bathroom.:rolleyes:

Bruce '87 Grand National

Man, you guys have some SERIOUS looking engines there...and they are beautiful!!!

I feel so small..:sick:

Well, back to cleaning the bathroom.:rolleyes:

Bruce '87 Grand National
X2 ^^ very nice bays guys. I do like the graphic powder in there too very nice!!

001.JPG
001.JPG is this what you are looking for ? coated turbo brackets and turbo cover, intake manifold , valve covers etc. 20mm shell from my nephews plane (USAF) covering plumbing of Alky.