Poston torque converters

turboadict

Any one had any experience with the 12" lock up torque converter that Poston sells?

Looking for new converter for my set up thats similar stall or maybe a little more but stronger than stock. Car is mostly used on the street, see's maybe 30 passes a year at the track.

The 2200-2800 stall one in the catalogue looks good, just wondered if any of you guys use them.

Thanks for any input.

Any one had any experience with the 12" lock up torque converter that Poston sells?

Looking for new converter for my set up thats similar stall or maybe a little more but stronger than stock. Car is mostly used on the street, see's maybe 30 passes a year at the track.

The 2200-2800 stall one in the catalogue looks good, just wondered if any of you guys use them.

Thanks for any input.

Besides Poston screwing people out of money, run away from the Poston converters. They are a cheap unit built by Boss Hog which is a local company. Poston only sells them because they can put a huge mark up on them for profit. When I say they are a cheap converter, I mean very cheap. Last time I saw one the fins weren't even brazed, they were just bent into place.

FYI My good friend had problems with Poston's too. I am using a converter from Dusty and love it.:D :D

FYI My good friend had problems with Poston's too. I am using a converter from Dusty and love it.:D :D

Thanks. ;)

For the record. I'm not here advertising. I don't care if you buy one from me, Precision Industries or whoever........just stay away from the Poston converter.

Thanks guys. Did the search on poston - Whhooooaaaaa!!! See what you mean!

I was hoping to pick up a converter at the GS Nats this year. Just looking for a good strong step up from stock. The one from the GSCA also looked good.

Anyone know who will be there this year with converters?

In general, I would stay away from a 12" converter. I would also stay away from the orange/red stripe club converters. The price makes them desirable, and that's about it. There's been leaps in converter tech in the past couple of years, a good 9,10" converter is a better investment.

Thanks guys. Did the search on poston - Whhooooaaaaa!!! See what you mean!

I was hoping to pick up a converter at the GS Nats this year. Just looking for a good strong step up from stock. The one from the GSCA also looked good.

Anyone know who will be there this year with converters?

I'll be there with several 10" L/U and the 9.5 non locks.