Poston Header Opinions Please

musclecar neal

Engine Builder
I have brand new set of Postons headers but was unsure of the performance of this header. The combo is in the sig . Want to use my new THDP so that would be a consideration if I need to get a different header. Please some opinions please.

thanks

I have the Poston headers with a THDP and have been real pleased with them. I've had them several years now on my high 11 sec. street/strip GN and no problems to speak of. You may want to portmatch them which I didn't do.

I put them on during my rebuild. They look great! Haven't gone to the track yet due stock transmission giving me problems for some reason:rolleyes: . Anyways I hope to be in the 10's

Thanks for the replies.

Has anyone gone 10's with these? What did you think of the spool up? Would you use something else at this level?

I run 129mph with the Poston headers. They look great, but needed quite a bit work on the welds to smooth them out. I was actually surprised that the welds on the inside were not ground out, so took a grinder to them and made them really smooth. I would definitely port match them as well, especially if your going to run 10's...every little thing counts!!!

If you look UP one of them (driver's side I think) you will see where one of the tubes protrudes into the main tube. Some people trim that off too.

Tom

Considering guys run 10s on stock headers, that shouldn'y be an issue. You will need to clean up the ports. I couln't believe that it wasn't done prior to the ceramic coat, but oh well. A good port match is all you need. There is plenty of material, so no worries.