IMG_2014_4_1.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 359
  • IMG_1996_2_1.jpg
    IMG_1996_2_1.jpg
    128.1 KB · Views: 385
1983 T-Type Riviera
231 Carbbed Turbo
NHRA National Record holder
Cool! Were you at the NHRA Sports Nats in Columbus last year? It looks familiar. If not, I sure would have liked to see it run. I don't get that far north very often.

carbed riviera

I was there in 2005 The first SportsNationals at Columbus.I won my class and went 2 rounds in stock eliminator.Best part was that I came home with my first WALLY.I may be going this year
Tony

How were these cars in 81-83? Were they beating the competition (mustang/camaro) back then, or were they complete dogs.

I see. Ahh well, at least we were the king after that. Deltona florida. Interesting. I used to like a girl from deltona. Leslie Deneen was her name. Cute gal. Wonder what happened to her...

Riviera

1983 T-Type Riviera
231 carbed turbo,750 Q-Jet
T-3 stock turbo
3700lb

The car now runs in BF/S NHRA Stock Eliminator.The index is 14.95 in this class.The car has gone 13.60@102mph with 22psi of boost with c16 and good air
The motor is blueprinted to NHRA spec.I have been torn down 3 times and have been found legal.See spec in NHRA rule book.
Some of the parts...JE pistons,Lazer cam,Manley,Jesel,Stef,MSD,Meziere,Moroso, PTC,Air Lift,QA1 etc.New motor being built for next year with some new go faster parts and massaging.
Tony

Heres my 1980 Monte carlo (IN THE WORKS)... It has been sitting for about 9 years with a new rebuilt motor... Currently it needs a fuel pump and turbo gaskets....... Oh and a new paint job....

montecARLO.jpg
[/IMG]

untitled-2.jpg
[/IMG]

You have a good project my friend. Guys here are doin great times on the 1320' with that little engine here!:cool:

Plz change that ugly chevy orange Fram filter, its too much restrictive. Go with with AC-Delco, Wix or Purolator and change it for the bigger PF-52 style filter (ac-delco part nbr)...better brand, more filtering area, more PSI, more oil (in bigger filter), less things in your sump, happier motor.
:wink:

You have a good project my friend. Guys here are doin great times on the 1320' with that little engine here!:cool:

Plz change that ugly chevy orange Fram filter, its too much restrictive. Go with with AC-Delco, Wix or Purolator and change it for the bigger PF-52 style filter (ac-delco part nbr)...better brand, more filtering area, more PSI, more oil (in bigger filter), less things in your sump, happier motor.
:wink:

Thanks for ur comment....I will change that filter asap.. Thanks

My Tac Special 83 T-type

my goal is to prove that you can get the same perfomance from a carbed buick as you can get from an SFI... lets see how it goes:smile:
stp60925.jpg

Ive been offered cash deals at red lights and have always refused!
stp60922.jpg