POSSIBLY selling my TTA

turbota633

I've found my dream T/A and its not a cross country drive(like usual for me) to get it either. I've wanted a 01-02 sunset orange metallic Trans Am WS6 since the day I seen one 5 years ago. I found one and the thought of selling the TTA to get it has crossed my mind. Though I'm not exactly sure of what my asking price would be, I will do some research on the value and get this updated. the car has 61,xxx miles, and all mods are in my sig. Contact me at turbota633@yahoo.com if anyone is interested.

-Joe

I love those sunset orange TA's . . . but I don't know if I'd sell my tta for one.

Good Luck . . . and those SO TA's were made for Zaino . . . I've seen two, one with and one without Zaino and I've never seen such a difference in my life.

yea, i feel a little crazy at times for wanting to sell it for the '01 SOM T/A. Also, i looked the value for my TTA up on NADA, it came back with $18,xxx for Excellent, $15,xxx for Good and $10,xxx for fair. Do you guys think asking $15,700/OBO for my TTA with 62,xxx miles is steep? Ive been out of the loop for most of the year and don't know what they've been going for. Thanks for the input.

-Joe

I loved that SOM color so much on the Firebird, I went and bought one new just to have it. But I like the simpler understated lines of the Formula versus the T/A or WS6. Then I spent some money doing mods I didn't originally plan, but you know how that happens ...

Here's the '01 Formula >> Midwest Muscle Machines - Inventory

I now have an '89 TTA with 1,210 miles on the odometer. So it sounds like I've gone the reverse direction as turbota633! But yeah, I still miss the SOM color - Even my wife still talks about that car.

The TTA >> 1989 Pontiac Turbo Trans Am - 1,200 original miles

Mike M

It took me several years to afford the cars I really wanted in high school ... But I finally got it done! And 'no', I wasn't in high school when the TTA or Vipers came out. I'm a little older than that :)

There was one for sale in Chicago for sale with 1200 miles over the summer. I think it sold for $28K.

Would it be a sin to say paint your TTA SOM?

My TTA is up for painting soon and I've though about not going with white, nor wih factory decals. SOM, pace car door decals ghosted in, cowl hood with turbo ghosted on the sides and 01' - 02' WS6 rims. Car would look tight IMO.

Then I hear the OMG you painted a TTA something other than white crowd talking.

Would it be a sin to say paint your TTA SOM?

My TTA is up for painting soon and I've though about not going with white, nor wih factory decals. SOM, pace car door decals ghosted in, cowl hood with turbo ghosted on the sides and 01' - 02' WS6 rims. Car would look tight IMO.

Then I hear the OMG you painted a TTA something other than white crowd talking.

hey it's YOUR car :cool: do whatever ya want :cool:

I guess I'm a purist, but I like seeing the "one off" cars that look the way they "should". I'd rather see a spare Mustang GT, TA, or Z28 with custom paint and such. I also like seeing restored classics to look the way they did when they came off the assembly line.

I got in the biggest arguement recently with my dad when he rebuilt the engine in the old '53 GMC we rebuilt while I was in High School. He got lazy and painted the block modern Chevy Orange instead of the correct vintage GMC Red-Orange. There's only a couple hundred people who would know that GMC blocks were red in '53, but I'm just a stickler for that. I need a support group, LOL.

Just my .02 . . to each his own.

I wouldn't get rid of a TTA for any 4th gen FBody. They're everywhere. Even SOM FBodies aren't that hard to come by.