Possible sub boxes for sale

GNRick

Retired member
This may interest those of you who would like a custom made box that fits under the package shelf in the trunk. I am having one made for my two 12" subs. We are toying with ideas so if anyone has one please post it here. The box is made to slide under the 6X9's. I suggested maybe a lit up gnx logo as my car is a gnx clone. Will post pics next week. He could cut holes for two 10's if you would prefer that. I could also talk to him about a ported box or any design you would want. The installer says shipping would run $70. How about if he produced a pre cut kit so all you have to do is glue and screw it together? Maybe shipping would be less as it would not be as big and bulky. This guy does really good work. Also makes fiberglass boxes too. I also plan on putting the two amps on the trunk floor under a plexiglass window with wood trim. Then I can just throw the groceries on top the amps. He said he can get a special plexiglass that resists scratching.

$70 for shipping sounds a little high...or a lot high. I use UPS a lot because they box and ship, but they are stupid expensive. I wonder if a alternative shipping method would bring the cost down.

The box is kind of heavy but I can weigh it and get back to you. I really have no idea how to ship the thing as you can't just slip it into a "if it fits it ships" USPS box :eek: Also I don't know where he got the $70 figure from but I will ask him.

I'm not knocking the ship price at all as I ship the stupid expensive UPS pack and ship. It sounds high to me, but my opinion means nothing as I don't ship too many items. I do know that I need to find a new option besides the UPS store though.

For all I know that is a perfectly legitimate cost to ship something like that. In conclusion just ignore me ;)

Ok you are ignored!:) Another option is to bring them to Bowling Green in October, except for the fact that I won't be going this year (I've gone probably the last 8 out of 10 years). But if someone is coming through my town on the way maybe they could pick them up on the way. Just thinking out loud.

Interested, what about no sub hole cut?? I would use it for a single 12 and mount my amp next to it?? If shipping is $70 guessimation for the box??? I'm also good with assembling myself.

Would you want him to cut the 12" hole? I visited the shop today and the box is almost done. Needs some bracing and carpet put on, along with the holes cut for the wire hook ups. If I remember I will take some pics of the progress so far.

Rick, I need to come over and check out these boxes. I wouldn't mind going to a fiberglass enclosure to cut down on some weight.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I might offset the sub to the left or to the right and the amp on the other side. Fiberglass sounds cool as well, light weight, paint it a color you like and go. What do the mount to so it doesn't move? Back seat bracing???

If anybody wants to come by just PM me and we can work out the details. I don't know yet how he plans to secure the box. He does some wild fiberglass work. His partner also does airbrushing. I was just talking to him yesterday about making me a sign for car shows and doing some airbrushing. I also asked him if he works with anything that is lighter weight than MDF. He showed me a piece of birch that he can use. It costs a little more, like $15 per 4X8 sheet. Might be better for shipping.

I anchored my box to the rear seat seatbelt bolts. It worked out very well. I used two pieces steel and they won't move at all.

ImageUploadedByTurboBuick1370355323.121481.jpg

Rick, I am right outside of Chicago. I have a 2008 trailblazer ss with 2 15" diamond audio subs . The problem is the box is actually out of my gn. Could your buddy build a box for the 2 15"diamond audios tuned for the trailblazer ss? If so please let me know. I could drive to you guys to pick it up. I just want to get the most I can soundwise out of a box that is tuned for the truck. Let me know. Thanks, Bill

Hey Bill and Boy Genius- call Mike direct on his cell at 708-nine two seven-300four. Tell him what you need and that you got his phone # from me. I'm sure he can take care of you. I was at the BPG meet in Ohio and just got back. I left my car with Mike. Hoping he got it done. It is taking awhile because we had some scheduling conflicts. Last we spoke, the word "fiberglass" was said. :)