Poss. to make PTE51 into a GT style?

national

Ok now..I know this is probably a question only Joe or john craig could possible answer..but what exactly is a GT turbo..is it a different intake or exhaust side on the turbo? Could we possibly out the exhaust side & impellar if thats the only difference or is the intake side new technology also..what im getting at is everyone that has bought a turbo dont really need to just throw them away for newer technology but could we possibly upgrade somehow?
Thanks,Brian

It appears that the compressor housing might be the only interchangable part and it would probably need machining. Although I have been known to add 2 + 2 and get 5!

Tom

Surely someone has considered this by now...I figured being garret we might be able to change one ebd or the other & turn our reg turbos into GT's but im sure PTE or anyone doesnt want to tell us that or they might not sale as many turbos then..Oh well..if anyone else has any ideas chime in..
Brian

national

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure the new GT series is a totally new wheel. I'm under the impression that they are billet wheels cut on a CNC machine. Hopefully one of the turbo guru's can post here.