POS broke again!

Good luck on the fix
These cars are not bullet proof ,but they are pretty reliable when everything is done right ....

Sorry to hear about the misfortune but it happens to everyone sooner or later.

These cars run great and we like them, then when something breaks it's a piece of crap all of a sudden. Especially when it happens at over 100mph ;)

Might as well get started checking a few things so the cycle can continue,pull the dip stick to see if any coolant is in the oil, pull the cam sensor and see if the chain broke or if it's still were it should be,do a compression test if it will turn over.

I was on the track when it happened. I know it's part of the game and I will fix it and run the hell out of it again. As far as tuning goes, I"ll take any good tips anytime I can. I have been racing the car for 4 years and it's the 1st time I have hurt the engine. I am not newb when comes to tuning the car. I had Directscan in the car and got rid of it to get a Powerlogger. Looks like I waited a little too long. So what do you guys think DLS stroker or V8 swap?

You don't mention your timing chain in the build but you do say stock bottom end. I'm going to guess a snapped crank.

I was on the track when it happened. I know it's part of the game and I will fix it and run the hell out of it again. As far as tuning goes, I"ll take any good tips anytime I can. I have been racing the car for 4 years and it's the 1st time I have hurt the engine. I am not newb when comes to tuning the car. I had Directscan in the car and got rid of it to get a Powerlogger. Looks like I waited a little too long. So what do you guys think DLS stroker or V8 swap?

An LSX block with a good single should do the trick..:D

The timing set was not stock, it was upgraded when the other work was done. I was happy with the low 11 second range but since it might be heavily damaged I'm pretty sure I'll go with a DLS stroker. I want to run 10.7-11.0 @ 125+mph and drive it anywhere without having to push it to the limit.

You don't mention your timing chain in the build but you do say stock bottom end. I'm going to guess a snapped crank.

+1 on the crank :( .... and I don't understand the ridiculously sh_tty attitude by one of the previous responders... :confused: My condolences.... it sounds to me like you know perfectly well what your doing... keep your chin up, and let us know what the carnage is.... :)

When I determine how much damage was done I'll decide what I will do. I'll keep you guys posted. I will not fix it till after the short Florida winter anyway.

Cam sensor failed on the destruction run. Water in #2 cylinder. Repaired cam sensor and the car still will not start. I'm not sure how much more damage. It appears to be siezed up. Stay tuned.

Cam sensor failed on the destruction run. Water in #2 cylinder. Repaired cam sensor and the car still will not start. I'm not sure how much more damage. It appears to be siezed up. Stay tuned.

It may just be hydrolocked man, pull all the plugs out and put a bar on the balancer bolt, 1 1/8 I belive, if it dont spin then you might be in trouble! I hope its not junk!

It's not siezed after all but it will not crank. The Scanmaster is still showing a 41 code-bad cam sensor. So maybe my cam sensor is totally wiped. I'll have more details and photos when I get time.

Does the starter just not engage or what? If your timing chain broke the cam sensor will not function, Put a bar on the crank and peek through the oil filler and look for rocker movment, if there is none then pull the cover and see what happened.