Ported Stock Turbo

pontiac69fb

I recently received a ported stock turbo. I'm not sure exactly how much it has been ported, but I would describe it as moderate to heavily ported turbo. I have a stock Gn with a 3" downpipe and chip, and my car is doing 106 mph in the quarter with a best 60 ft of 2.1.

I'm wondering if a ported stock turbo will increase my spool up time or horsepower? Or will I see little to no difference going with a ported stock turbo? Can anyone who has maybe had experience with a ported stock turbo or is very knowledgeable about turbo mechanics let me know what I should expect? I will appreciate any input thank you.

Teddy

Spoolup shouldn't be a problem since a 49 or 44 turbo spools fine with a stock converter. You will probably see a gain with the port work.

You will probably see more of a gain by working on your 60ft time. :D

Lol, yeah my 60 ft is pretty bad. I'm having trouble getting my vacuum brakes to hold my car; I need to try the S-10 brake cylinders. Hopefully this ported turbo will help me get off the line a little better as well. After I do the swap I will try to post the results I have found.