Port out an 84 Throttle body ??

Mr. Upholsterer

Smoking the Buick
I was just wondering if I could port out an 84 throttle body on the bottom to make it a little bigger so I could put it on an 86 Manifold? I know that I would have to make a spacer / adaptor to make it fit form 4 bolts to 2.. I have a 86 throttle body but the mouth is so small on it, the 84 is much bigger but the base opening is about 1/8 of an inch smaller. But there is a lot of meat on it..I could probably take out a good 1/4. There is a slight venturi there though so if I hog it out the bottom opening might almost be as big as the mouth on it..My question is will it work.?? Anybody ever do this modification??:rolleyes:

I got it..

I found a place that does it, Maxbore.com throttle body boring service and they gurantee their work also...I think it costs about $125. They say it will idle just like a stock one also...I am thinking I will get the motor running with the stock 86 throttle body to get the bugs out of the engine , then I will think about doing modification work to the 84...Seems that a taper does have to be placed back in and blended in, then polished....Sounds like these dudes know what they are doing...