Popping Sound from my exhaust??? SOunds like pop-corn?

uwillose2

My motor is running the same, I just noticed that a popping sound is coming out the exhaust, any ideas?

I'm having the same problem. What kind of plugs did you install? Did this start after changing the plugs or something else changed on the vehicle?

Dannyo

it started after i changed the plugs, and i had a new maf installed, and newer stock injectors?:confused:

Standing with your shins against the front bumper...the cylinder bank on your right goes 1,3,5 from the front to the back and the left is 2, 4, 6. The coil-pak, starting closest to the firewall and from left to right goes 1, 5, 3 and the next row goes 4, 2, 6. Make sure all goes to where it should. Does it pop under load? When it idles? Improves with RPM? Coming our of both tail-pipes? MAf plugged in? Correct MAF? There are a zillion variables here and diagnosing from 2500 miles away requires all the info you can provide. :)
Jim

I just had my mechanic install a new MAF also. It only pops on idle, not while driving or under wot. It somes from the middle of the car all the way thru the exhaust to the tail pipes?