Popped!! right after pedal to the medal!!

jojo

Ill Take A Moosehead Now!
Not sure what this could be, but im going to guess to rich or to lean, scanmaster read 830s. I was tuning the car a little after increasing boost, and im sure this has happened to a lot of you guys:rolleyes: but from a dead stop! i plastered the pedal to the floor for a WOT run, and i got a pop which seemed to be right before going into second gear and right before third. But when i eased of the pedal the car ran smoother and no popping. What could be the causes of this?? and i took it for a few other WOT runs and it seemed not to do it a couple of times and then a few times it did it again. Im sure it is probably a tuning thing, either to rich with the one two and two three shift, because a noticed with the pedal to the floor after third it didnt do it anymore. Any suggestions??

thanks

jojo

A. The turbo gods don't like you
B. The engine is over revving and floating the valves
C. The valve springs are too weak and floating the valves
D. The coil pack is beginning to fail
E. Not enuf fuel
F. The turbo gods don't like you

possibly boost creep at the top of the gears causing a lean condition?? Take note of the boost when it happens...see if it jumps up real quick....just a thought

Originally posted by Steve Wood
A. The turbo gods don't like you
B. The engine is over revving and floating the valves
C. The valve springs are too weak and floating the valves
D. The coil pack is beginning to fail
E. Not enuf fuel
F. The turbo gods don't like you

Nah, we like him..hehe

Sounds like a coil pack/wire/plug laying down on you. Been there done that.

Mike, you're back in the game aren't you? Admit it, you just couldn't stay away. :D

Maybe too much boost for the octane, how much boost were you running?
At WOT your timing might be too high for the octane of the gas??

100 ocatane with 21psi boost. Didnt have this problem about a month ago seems to have just started. Thanks for all the input guys, i will be going to Scotts house this weekend to see exactly what the turbo link has to say.

thanks again

jojo

oops, sorry. John posted, "Mike, you're back in the game aren't you? Admit it, you just couldn't stay away."

I was replying to him.

Is there an easy way to tell if it is my coil pack ect.. or i will just have to eliminate the other things first?? is there a good way to tell if my plugs are shot? because they are about three months old and not sure how old the wires are.

thanks again

jojo

Surely someone in the LV area has a Caspers coil tester? If not, just swap coil packs with someone for a moment.