Police GN?

olds443

Copart

I was browsing co-part and came across this GN. I wonder if it was actually used in police work or if someone actually just assembled enough bits to make it look real.
Anyone know more about this one? With some of the upgrades the owner seems to be part of the community.

It must be a former Police car since it has a CB......:rolleyes: None were labeled Police from the factory so its impossible to know for sure. They were converted by each PD. CT State Police probably had the most of them tho. I kinda like the prices I have been seeing lately for the TR's. Makes me think they are starting to gain some ground. Even if they are way too high.

It must be a former Police car since it has a CB......:rolleyes: None were labeled Police from the factory so its impossible to know for sure. They were converted by each PD. CT State Police probably had the most of them tho. I kinda like the prices I have been seeing lately for the TR's. Makes me think they are starting to gain some ground. Even if they are way too high.

They arent gaining chit. They are way down from a few years ago and a lot of sellers are fuking crack heads when they create their for sale prices. Ive seen more POS TR's in the last 3 years than ever. Under $7500 usually means its a POS that needs several thousand to just get it to a point where its ok.

If I recall, the FBI bought GNs or TR motors for some of their car's, something along those lines. MEN IN BLACK, driver a all black GN......push the red buttom.;)

They arent gaining chit. They are way down from a few years ago and a lot of sellers are fuking crack heads when they create their for sale prices. Ive seen more POS TR's in the last 3 years than ever. Under $7500 usually means its a POS that needs several thousand to just get it to a point where its ok.
There gaining some. A 15k mile car 6 months ago was goin for like $14-15k. They are now pulling $18-20k if not better. But yes, still way down from a few years ago.

Definately not a lot of quality cars for sale over the last 2 years. A lotta junk for sure but that's also because people who don't need to sell their cars arent putting them up for sale so it's likely ur gonna see a lot of junk for sale right now.

Brett is correct: Since Buick never built any of these cars specifically for police/fleet use there will be no identifying RPO code, they were ordered as regular production models or bought right out of dealer stock. Generally T-Types were used due to the lower cost and the bench seat, but there were a few GN's in use most notably in CT and I think VA. Main point: unless the seller can document it as a former pursuit car, don't believe it, and even if it can be proven, that really doesn't add anything to the value because there were no "cop motors, cop shocks and cop suspension".

ohhhhhhh its got red and blue lights too. Its gotta be a special one....

copart

Has any one on here bought from copart before I was thinking about bidding on some cars.:cool:

There gaining some. A 15k mile car 6 months ago was goin for like $14-15k. They are now pulling $18-20k if not better. But yes, still way down from a few years ago.

Bull chit. They have not jumped in value 30-40% in 6 mos. Put down the crack pipe. Our $ has inflated substantially from 4 or 5 years ago too.