Police Chase Ends at My House!!

V8Assassin

100mi away ready 2 strike
Not sure if this counts as a kill, but I will share the story anyway. So, I'm sitting at home finishing up a late lunch when the phone rings. A friend of mine, fellow GN owner, is calling and when I answer he starts asking if I am at home. Then he tells me to leave the house cause the Police are on their way there. At this point I take mental inventory of the days events and realize I have not done anything that bad and proceed to ask WTF???

Evidently a "Black Regal" was spotted running a stop sign and the chase was on. It went through a small neighborhood, ironically where I grew up, and to the interstate. It was over as "the black regal just walked off from us", at least that's what Eric, the police officer told me.

About the time my buddy was finishing the story up pulls three cruisers, two of which I knew, and one of those grinning ear to ear asking "where's ya car"?!?! I laughed and replied that for the first time I was actually happy to say it is in the shop!!! :biggrin:

So the two officers I knew and I were standing on the sidewalk talking as my neighbors slowly one by one either drove by or came out to their front porch and looked. The chase was pretty brief, Eric said as soon as they hit the interstate it was over, he figured somebody was about to get hurt and he knew who it was anyway. He said he stopped and gave it a few minutes and headed to see if it was my buddy or me.

So to the owner of the "Black Regal with Nascar plates", please don't have the Po-Po at my house anymore!!! It makes the neighbors wonder!!! :cool: :biggrin:

btw, they didn't get the plate numbers, just that they were Nascar and blue!!

nice one...I figured you were going to say..someone from the shop was "test" driving your car...

Back in 86, a friend was working for a Ford dealer here and always had a police scanner on to listen to instead of the radio. He heard that there was a Grand National running from police and the chase was on heading south on I-25 towards El Paso. They lost him once he hit the highway at University exit and I-25. He could not out run the radio and they caught him almost 30+ miles south at Junction 404 exit and used spike strips to slow him and finally ran him off the road and yanked him out by his hair. You can see pics of the car in the GNX section in "what lives some GNX's have had" and see the wrinkle in the driver side quarter panel from his actions.

... He could not out run the radio and they caught him almost 30+ miles south.. .

Funny. I actually considered etching my back window with

"Faster than Motorola" in my back window when My TR was DD. I thought better of it and never did it but it was seriously considered.:cool:

He should have done that. He lost them at 140 is the last thing I remember Martin saying he heard. They lost actual sight of the car and that is when they had the road block setup. They forced him off the road by the left quarter panel with the flat tires and pulled him out the open window by his hair. I don't think our police dept had a helicopter back then. Maybe sheriff did. Can't remember.

I once witnessed that very thing in Jacksonville, Florida. Late one night in 1997 out cruising I was getting on the 295 bypass at Blanding going east over the river. I just got on when a police cruiser appeared in my rear view coming up the ramp closing very quickly. I pulled over to let him by and a late 60's-early 70's Vette blows by already on the 295 at what had to be 175 MPH or more. I've been on the fence at Daytona when they practice and go by at 200 and he went by that fast. This Vette just appeared and was gone with a trail of LE's way behind in pursuit.

The bridge is 3 miles long and straight with the highway being straight for another 5-6 miles before it ends at I-95 with two exits in between. They never caught the Vette.

I talked to a sheriff who was assigned to work our store and he said the last radar they had on the guy was shortly after he went by me and crested the hill on the bridge and had disappeared by the time they crested te hill on the bridge. The sheriff said the guy hit the 190's on the bridge and was gone before the helicopter could get there.

I don't know how true the sheriff's story was but that Vette went by and was gone over the bridge in seconds.

I would not have the "Kingers" necessary to drive that fast on a public road.

Mikey

Good Story!!

My Buddy Lives In The Same Neighborhood. Holloween Night I Took My Gn For A Spin(after Kids Were Done With Candy Runs) About 5 Houses From His I Did A Small Break-race,needless To Say Smoke Was Everywhere.. I Slowly Putted Home.. The Next Day,my Buddy's Neighbors(ladys) Were Walking, They Climbed On This "ars", Said "your The Guy With That Fast Car!!!" He Had No Idea What I Did The Night Before, I Waited A Few Days, Then I Told Him...

Sounds like discrimination....;) Lol... if the cops came to my door and asked me that question I would laugh at them.

Even if ur car was in ur garage and the motor was still warm it wouldnt mean anything without a plate. A generic license plate cover means nothing.

What kind of buddies do you keep :biggrin: ?

I ask myself that question daily?!?!? :eek: :eek: :biggrin: ;)

Sounds like discrimination....;) Lol... if the cops came to my door and asked me that question I would laugh at them.

Even if ur car was in ur garage and the motor was still warm it wouldnt mean anything without a plate. A generic license plate cover means nothing.

I agree Bret, but in a town this size there isn't much of a mystery when something like that happens. It is always better to help the local law enforcement as much as possible around here cause it's a very small world. Besides these guys have a tough job to say the least and usually are underappreciated.

As an update, it appears the car was being driven by the owners cousin who just happened to have left the "farm" recently and not been by his p.o.'s office since release. At least that's what the officer who stopped by told me a couple of days ago.

Yea, I hear ya. I grew up in a small town (4500 people) and am well aware of how small town police can be.

I just remember my buddy had an 89 Kawi ZX-7 (green...:rolleyes:) and there was some little punk in town that kept running from the police and they would come by his house and ask to see if his green ZX-7 MC engine was warm...:rolleyes: In a little town some cooperation is necessary I guess.

Yea, I hear ya. I grew up in a small town (4500 people) and am well aware of how small town police can be.

I just remember my buddy had an 89 Kawi ZX-7 (green...:rolleyes:) and there was some little punk in town that kept running from the police and they would come by his house and ask to see if his green ZX-7 MC engine was warm...:rolleyes: In a little town some cooperation is necessary I guess.

Yeah, you really gotta love small towns to stay in them. The problem is you always run into the same people everywhere you go, and the guy you are rude to one day is the same guy you have to deal with again and again.

Not sure if this counts as a kill, but I will share the story anyway. So, I'm sitting at home finishing up a late lunch when the phone rings. A friend of mine, fellow GN owner, is calling and when I answer he starts asking if I am at home. Then he tells me to leave the house cause the Police are on their way there. At this point I take mental inventory of the days events and realize I have not done anything that bad and proceed to ask WTF???

Evidently a "Black Regal" was spotted running a stop sign and the chase was on. It went through a small neighborhood, ironically where I grew up, and to the interstate. It was over as "the black regal just walked off from us", at least that's what Eric, the police officer told me.

About the time my buddy was finishing the story up pulls three cruisers, two of which I knew, and one of those grinning ear to ear asking "where's ya car"?!?! I laughed and replied that for the first time I was actually happy to say it is in the shop!!! :biggrin:

So the two officers I knew and I were standing on the sidewalk talking as my neighbors slowly one by one either drove by or came out to their front porch and looked. The chase was pretty brief, Eric said as soon as they hit the interstate it was over, he figured somebody was about to get hurt and he knew who it was anyway. He said he stopped and gave it a few minutes and headed to see if it was my buddy or me.

So to the owner of the "Black Regal with Nascar plates", please don't have the Po-Po at my house anymore!!! It makes the neighbors wonder!!! :cool: :biggrin:

btw, they didn't get the plate numbers, just that they were Nascar and blue!!

So your "friends" came to your house with there "friends" to say hi!!
Or to see if they needed to take you in? Or to see if they needed to take in another friend of yours? That is UGLY, I know I am nuts but if a friend came to my house under Does specific circumstances I would not be available to help with any favors ever again.
If a Friend called or came by the house alone and said something to the effect of "Dude tone it down, or don't take the car out of the garage for a few weeks" even if it wasn’t me, he would have an open dinner invitation and tools when ever he is in need.