Please read and help

DFAST1TTYPE

"owner atomic launch car"
For a couple of years now I have been trying to get Orlando Speed World, the host of the World Street Finals, to make changes to their “HEAVY STREET” Class in order for some of the Fast V6 Turbo Regals be able to run this class and be somewhat competitive.

Current rules are as follows:
· Any tire - 3,500 lb. minimum - (Must use converter driven trans - 1 type power adder)
· Stock chassis or any chassis with a-arm front suspension OK.
· Struts must be stock type, originally available on the car and used with the stock front frame rails or a direct bolt in conversion with stock front frame rails.
· Additional tubing OK.
· 4/10ths Pro Tree

I am asking them to amend as follows: "deduct 300 lbs. for V6 with turbos". They do have weight adjustments in other classes, however, not for V6 with turbos.

I am asking board viewers and members if they could please E-Mail the track at: OSWD1320@aol.com. with the same request, the more the best. Maybe if they see a lot of E-Mails they might just change the rules so some of us with fast Buicks can run.

Last year the bubble on this class was 8.72 @ 156 and the low qualifier was 7.72 @ 182. In my particular case I probably would not win however, I could probably qualify in the upper half of the ladder. There are however, other fast Buicks that if they show up might have a chance. I will race if they change the rules. Just for the sake of competing.

The tracks web site is: www.speedworlddragway.com in case you want to read more about the event if you are not familiar with it. You can aslo link to their E-Mail from their site.

All your help is appreciated.

Thanks.

www.speedworlddragway.com

:cool:

Ricardo, I just sent them an email....

Here's what I sent to them....

"To whom it may concern,

I would like to see a rule change made to your “HEAVY STREET” class at the World Street Nationals. The reason being is it would greatly help the Fast V6 Turbo Regals be able to run the class and be somewhat competitive. Here is what I am asking for.... Ammend the current rules as follows: "Deduct 300 lbs. for V6 with turbos."

I know there are weight adjustments for other classes such as your "RADIAL TIRE" class where you can "deduct 300 lbs. for small block with nitrous" so I feel that this request is very fair and reasonable...

Please at least take it into consideration because I would like to see some fast V6 cars (Turbo Regals) be able to race this class and be competitive with the rest of the field at the biggest and best race event of the year!

Thank you for your time.

Steve V."

If I get a response I'll post it:)

BTW, I know Cal and a few other guys (Michael Fell being one of them) have asked for a weight break for a V6 turbo in the "RADIAL TIRE" class, but for some reason they won't give one which makes absolutely no sense considering they give a 300lb weight break to a small block with nitrous in that class:confused:

Brick:

Thanks. Great letter! Maybe others can just copy/paste and send the same letter.

We could ask for an amendment on both radial and Heavy Street.

Once again, Thanks

No problem.... I think it would be awesome to see some V6 power in the form of Turbo Regals racing at the World Street Nats and I would hope these guys making the rules realize that it's not as if a V6 turbo car is going to run away with either the "HEAVY STREET" or "RADIAL TIRE" class because of a 300lb. weight break!

Hopefully they will listen to logic.....

Good Luck! You are asking for a miracle. In DR, the Supras aren't allowed to race because it say's domestic (powered?) vehicles only, and I have to weigh 200# more than a NOS sb.

FWIW: I had no idea your car was so light (3200#'s w/driver) :eek:

Brick: Who is Michael Fell, and what class did he run?

Well here is the response I got back......

"Thanks for your note Steve. I appreciate your request. But, the "Heavy Street" class is the one TRUE heads up non-handicapped class at the World Street Nationals and we want to keep it that way. You will notice that there are NO weight breaks of any kind in that class.

Regards,

Carl Weisinger"

:(

Cal, Michael Fell is in NY and he hasn't run any class yet, but he's building a Stage II TR (he has Jimmy D's old white street car) to run the DR class and from hearing about the build up it should be VERY nasty!!! Hopefully he can get the set of headers he needs to finish the car in time for the race....

If you want some specific details on the car or have any other questions email Mike....
fellmichaels@earthlink.net

or email John Wilde at jwilde@smrn.com as I'm sure he can remember all the specifics on Mike's build up....

I remember some of the specifics on the car, but not all of them and I think the email I had got deleted so that's why I can't say....

I received the same response. Same response I have been getting for a couple of years. He also told me that he got another E-Mail, which is probably yours, stating the same thing.

My disappointment is that of the 189 persons that have seen the tread it appears only you send an E-Mail. Frankly I expected more from the Turbo Buick community.

My response to him was; that he needs to reconsider. I also stated that the same “deduct 300 lbs. for V6 with turbos” should be done in the “Street Radial” class.

Once Again I am asking the turbo community to send E-Mails to Carl Weisinger at Orlando Speed World.

Thanks

BTW I never said my car weights 3200Lbs. I would have to get it to that weight. I was probably one of the heaviest (if not the heaviest) Super 16 turbo cars in BG

Originally posted by DFAST1TTYPE

BTW I never said my car weights 3200Lbs. I would have to get it to that weight. I was probably one of the heaviest (if not the heaviest) Super 16 turbo cars in BG

I'm curious, what does your car weigh? It would be nearly impossible for me to reach that weight with my combination. Obviously, if your petitioning for a 3200 weight, you must have some way of reaching that number. I'm asking these questions innocently and hope they don't come across negatively.

Carl and Randy have heard my complaints in the past. Their answer to me was that "by qualifying 13th (year before last), I have shown I don't need a weight break". Too bad I broke last year, I'm sure I would have offered a better argument this year. :)

Last time I weighed the car it was 3330

It seems to me they do not want to give us a break. On your class they allow a 300 lbs. deduct if you have a small block with nitrous. But no deduct if you have a V6 turbo. Now where is the logic with that? Last time I counted we have two cylinders less! For Heavy Street it makes sense to me deducting 300 lbs for a turbo V6. Does it to you?

I agree with you 100%. This year I may not even bring my car. Last year I was well represented with my customers cars. We qualified #1 with one car and the other car went all the way to the Finals (lost).

I wouln't be suprised if the bump in heavy is much quicker this year. Every year they are getting faster, and last year they were only allowed two qualifying passes due to rain. This year they added an extra qualifying round on Friday (making the total 4).

I will talk to Randy this weekend about cutting you guys a break.