Please, I need your expertise!!

For any future readers of this thread, the answer to my issue was.... CAM SENSOR! The cap was fine but the little piece of metal holding the pieces together was weak and actually broke when I went to install the new cap. Hence the delay in my update. I hope I never have to change a cam sensor again, that job sucked!

Thank you for everyone's help! The car is running better than ever in my ownership. Some minor tuning and it will be like new again!

But for now, no cruising misfire at all, that's the best news!

For any future readers of this thread, the answer to my issue was.... CAM SENSOR! The cap was fine but the little piece of metal holding the pieces together was weak and actually broke when I went to install the new cap. Hence the delay in my update. I hope I never have to change a cam sensor again, that job sucked!

Thank you for everyone's help! The car is running better than ever in my ownership. Some minor tuning and it will be like new again!

But for now, no cruising misfire at all, that's the best news!

See post #5. :D
Your payment for diagnosing this issue, is for you to take the time and help the next guy.;)
We helped you, because someone helped us first. That's how it works here. Glad to hear you got it sorted out.

Happy spooling.:)
Mike Barnard

See post #5. :D
Your payment for diagnosing this issue, is for you to take the time and help the next guy.;)
We helped you, because someone helped us first. That's how it works here. Glad to hear you got it sorted out.

Happy spooling.:)
Mike Barnard

Hahaha! Thanks Mike! I couldn't agree with you more. This is why I posted the solution. Too many threads that start but never post the solution.

I hope to help many people. Not to pump up your ego, but I'm the service manager at a Buick dealer and not even my best tech had a guess. It's proof that experience with this specific engine is limited to those of us that own them. These engines are just different.

Thanks again. I plan to pay it forward many times over.