Please Gimme Your Thoughts on my Proposed Stage II Build up

stage II TR

Loves da Boost!!!!
Hey Fellow Stage II Owners,

After consulting with Eric Rankin (Rankin Automotive) and Ray Royer (Thanks Ray!!), and coinciding with my need to pull my Stage II shorty to freshen it, here's the S2 build up I was thinking, but I wanted to check with you guys 1st:

Stage II bottom (S2 block, BMC, billet rods, JE pistons)
S2 heads (still lookin for good set of these that flow over 310 at 600-700 lift)
S2/Hogan/CAS int
twin turbo headers (got em already, 1 7/8 primaries, SS)
twin 60's (4 bolt, but unsure on exh hsg size)
CAS v# or custom FMIC
twin Racegates
custom cam (could use some help here too)
Speed pro
96 # or bigger inj
custom or CAS/Be Cool/Griffen rad

I already have all the rest the necessary goodies on the car or on order. Weldon sys, cage, 9", Th400 w/brake, etc..

the goal: run consistent 9.0 to high 8's w/o tubbing or other wise modding the suspension other then Wolf bar, control arms, shocks, etc... I don't want to get into tubbing, cutting, etc due to the exp, etc unless I have to.

So, what do you guys think? good? bad? make any changes? any advice? I SINCERELY APPRECIATE any input before I start spendin money. TIA.

Also, I'll soon have set of pretty heavily ported M&A's, ATR single turbo 4 Bolt headers for sale, 3" V band DP, PTE FMIC (brand new), and custom T70 hybrid turbo w/4 bolt exh hsg, 3.5" V band DP side for sale...anybody interested before I put'em in Parts For sale? Lemme know:cool: ;) :D :)

Hi-
My combo is very close to yours.
As far as a cam profile I can tell you what was designed by Dan Strezo @ PTE.
it is a solid roller using off set isky aluminum upper style lifters
duration @.050 is .262/.262
lobe lift is .421/.421
lobe seperation is 110*
seat duration @ .020 is .298intake and .300exhaust
valve lash hot .022intake .026 exhaust
110* C/L ATDC
seat timing intake BTDC 21 ABDC 61
seat timing exhaust BBDC 61 ATDC 21
all of this is using a 1.52:1 T&D roller rocker
cam grind # BV6-298-300 R10
cam serial # N-9237
jay

What were you going to be asking for the M + A heads.
Thanks.

Originally posted by OneqwikGN
What were you going to be asking for the M + A heads.
Thanks.

Hey all,

just wanted to say THANKS to all those who responded, and to say I'm a bit disappointed that some of the big guys on this forum still haven't stepped up and offered their opinions. :confused: Ron, Bill A., Kendall, Geno, et al, can you guys please offer some input? TT276, THANK YOU and I will run that cam card by Erik this week and get back to you.

For those that asked, and there have been plenty, I'm looking for $1800 for the M & A's w/valve covers and rockers ready to bolt on IF I pay to have them freshened, OR I'll take $1500 firm as they sit. Additionally, I'll get pixs this next week or so, but they are HEAVILY worked over and I'm considering getting them flowed if I get them freshened. I'll sell'em w/my stock port matched int too or sep or as part pkg deal w/any rest of the parts I listed in my 1st post. Finally, these heads only have 10K on'em since there last freshening, most of it is hwy/cruising mileage, and they have 1.6 rockers on em. I've been told that these are fair prices and that these heads are hard to get and don't crack nearly as much as Champions. TIA

:D

Originally posted by RealFastV6
Heres a good suggestion for your stage 2 build up Peter...

Make sure your headers aren't cracked. And if they are, dont sell them to people as "Perfect Condition, No Cracks", and then threaten to sue them and "own their car if they take legal action against you".

I know nobody with a concience would do such a thing. Just a suggestion! Good Luck with the Car!

You're certainly a lawyer if I've ever met one.

Well geez- this story is real disturbing.

:rolleyes:

Enjoy your cracked headers Justin! What
goes around, comes around. Remember
the Stage 2 motor you had for sale and
flaked out on?? No returned phone calls,
nothing. Not even the courtesy to email
me or call and say ya changed your mind.
If you have another complaint to direct at
someone- take a look in the mirror!

Stage II sounds like one mean motor you are putting together.

The one thing that stands out as being a problem is the intercooler. You better look at the CAS with twin outlets. It is his race only intercooler. I cant remember what the model was .

I would definitely get some bigger injectors for that monster.

Just my 2 cents here.

Hi Pete,

Sounds like a good looking combo you are gonna have there.

If I may add, if you are in the Jersey area feel free to stop by one of our many locations....Inside joke....lol.....(Franchises available soon).

Hope to see ya at Etown tomorrow. Stay well buddy.

BOB JAMES

Bob James,

Any particular reason you havent returned my phone calls the past 2 weeks?

Rob