On center stage 2 II block for sale in SoCal.

Squid4life

I have a 153 on center Stage II block for sale for local sell (preferred).

It is perfect for a killer street car, but not for my twin turbo race car which I would like to push to bottom 8's or faster some day. I bought it already repaired and run, but needing a sleeve, took it to my machinist to sleeve it and bore the rest. He bored everything .040, but for some reason bored the cyl needing sleeved last. He sleeved it, which slightly egg-shaped the cylinder next to it. He felt bad so instead of boring everything .060, he made it a "born again virgin" and sleeved all 6 holes. It is currently 3.998, ready to be honed for pistons. It has been line-honed and the deck was cleaned up. All you should have to do is hone it and assemble it. When he cut the block for sleeves, there was still lots of meat, never came close to hitting air, plus the sleeves are over .110 thick. So the walls are very thick. I can send you some pics if you are interested. Some guys get $2,500 - $3,000 for a block depending on how the repairs were made, so I was thinking ~$1,600? obo. I was considering putting this together for my street car. Is it perfect? No. Is it still stronger than most 109s with caps/girdles, even with its repairs? Probably. You can run a set of SII heads, or 14 bolt Champion/TA, etc heads and hold more boost, for cheaper than building a 109.

If you are looking to build a complete SII, I also have a set of HD Carrillo rods (HD's, not the weak ones) a few BMS front covers, a set of valve covers, a carb'ed intake, set of heads, etc.

Would love to sell some of this stuff local-ish instead of shipping. I am just south of San Diego, but could possibly meet to help out. Let me know if you might be interested, I can get some pics emailed or loaded up on here.

A few pics. Hone and go. $1,500?

DSC03207.JPG
DSC03208.JPG
DSC03210.JPG
DSC03212.JPG
DSC03215.JPG

man that thing took an ass whooping at one point.... do you know what it was being run for before it chit the bed? might make a good rail motor if blocked up completly.

I don't remember what it was actually being run in at the time when it initially blew up, but it was run again after the repairs. Then it boogered a piston or something and put some dings in the bottom of the cylinder which required the sleeve. Now it is really pretty solid. If you painted it, you would not notice it from the outside, and my camera made the inside look a lot worse than it is. The pics make it look like it was fixed with a harbor freight arc welder, but it is not that bad in person. I may end up keeping it for a certain street motor later. Better to spend a little extra (or in my case hang on to it) and get 4 bolt caps, splayed caps, cross bolted caps, 6 head bolts per cylinder, etc and build a low budget street 4.1. Run a set of 14 bolt production style heads, a Dutt/TA style front oil pump setup, and call it a day. It would easily hold boost.

Perfect e85 motor, running 30+ psi on the street. Maybe I will shelf it until the white car needs a motor... :)