1/4 - 13.767@97.84mph

Run 2

RT - .636 (yep, zzzzzzzzzz)
60' - 2.161
330' - 5.785
1/8 - 8.864@79.14mph
1000' - 11.543
1/4 - 13.808@99.38mph

The car felt strong off the line, but seemed to run out of steam after the 1/8. Does this look okay for the mods I've listed in my sig? This was done with a EP Street Lethal chip and no alky injection. Max KR on this run was 1.8*. This was also done on Nitto DR's 275/50's. Car weighed 3710 lbs with me in it. I'm hoping for some quicker runs once the Turbotweak chip and alky are in...

Thanks in advance,

Guhan

How much boost?
No offense, but crappy 60 ft. times for a fairly big DR.
I only ever made 3 or 4 passes in the ~13.8 range, but looking at those timeslips, my 1/8 times were in the 8.7-8.8 range at 79-80mph with 2.0 60fts. I think your right on track and it doesn't look like the car is laying down on you. I doubt you're locking the convertor.
As far as for the mods you have, depending on the boost, you might be a tad quicker. I ran 100-101mph on a RA93 chip, 16-17psi and free/cheap mods (TB bypass, fan switch, removed air box base lid). Raceweight of my car is a similar 3,686 with me an 1/4 tank of gas.
Sean.

No offense taken--I know...I do have to learn how to launch this car better. That was the only run where my 60' was under 2 seconds. I average 2.0's.

I do a small burnout (spin until I seem smoke in my mirrors which are pointed down at the rear wheels). I then stage, but holding 2-3 pounds of boost at the line actually makes the car take off slower. On this run, I held 0# and then stabbed the gas down to the floor.

I am running between 14 and 15 pounds of boost. Any more and the car knocks too much. Every once in a while, I do see up to 4* of KR (this is on the street though, so it could be false knock from wheel spin at my 1-2 shift). I am also running pig rich @45lbs of fuel pressure--that run was at 840 mV at a brand new Delco O2 sensor. I regularly see numbers in the mid 800's. I'm going to turn down the fp to around 43lbs and see what that does.

I'm also not locking the converter, as it's not a D5, and I don't know what brand it is or how well it will hold up to beig locked. I have a KB 3" maf pipe and 7" K&N for an air intake.

Any tips? My goal with this car is a reliable mid-12's, stock turbo, non-race gas (but yes to alky), daily driveable (on DR's) GN.

Thanks for your help,

Guhan

Man put some race gas in that thing!, or at least some xylene.

Do you still have the cat on it? A new O2 is only like $25 bucks.

IMO, alky is good for playing the street but a PITA trying to tune for max perf at the track takes a good while to dial it in.

With some better 60ft's, RACE gas, and 20 psi you should easily run mid 12's.

Good luck.

FYI, I went 12.8@105+ with a RA93 chip, test pipe, Hooker catback, TCC switch and the aforementioned free/cheap mods on a set of 235-60/15 DR's. I usually cut mid 1.7's on those tires.
Your 02's are too high, but I'd be more concerned about knock.
Also, why does the car launch worse with boost? On those tires, you should easily be able to launch at 5+ psi and be cutting at least a mid 1.7 short time. What is your tire pressure? Should be around 18-20psi. A test pipe was worth 2-3mph for me, so that's an option if you're still running a cat on the car. You're definitely going to need more boost to run mid-12's.
About your KR, are you sure it's from wheelspin on the street? I don't really think a car running 98mph will have that problem unless you're running tons of air in those DR's.
Sean.

I run 28lbs of air in the DR's on the street (LOT of highway driving). My car shifts hard so that combo leads to wheelspin often.

I also have a 3" test pipe. I;m not sure why I am getting so much knock, but I've heard that the Street Lethal chip is prone to a lot of knock. It is a very old chip with old technology. I'm hoping for less knock with the Turbotweak chip (and the alky will feel nice too).

Where do you think the knock could be coming from?

But what air pressure do you run at the tracK?? 28 is fine on the street, but you need to take it down at the track...I run 18 PSI or so on my radials (non-DR) at the track (35 on the street, lotsa wheels spin :D )

Are you only getting knock on the shifts? Is there KR in 3rd gear?
Let's see how it runs when Eric's chip is in there.
He's done the last few for my car and I've been very happy with the results.
Run those DR's with 18psi at the track. I differed from some in that I did my burnouts until I could see smoke coming out of the wheelwells, then staged the car at 5psi and launched. I couldn't argue with 1.7's out of such a small tire...100% stock suspension.
Have you done the "spring cleaning", including flushing the IC, plugs, etc.?
S.

I ran about 19-20 lbs in the DR's at the track. That was my first time racing this car with drag radials though. With 215/65 BFG radial ta's, the car wouldn't do any better than a 2.2 60'. Anything over a few lbs of boost, the car felt like it was going to push through the brakes.

I have done new plugs, but I haven't cleaned the intercooler yet--it will have to wait for the spring.

Launching any car seems to be an art--and no 2 cars are the same (for me at least)...

I only seem to get the KR around 40mph, and then it goes away.