Times and Powerlog files - where can I improve?

DOUGGN

Finally got to make a few runs at the track a few days ago at Gateway International Raceway - midnight madness. It had rained earlier in the day and the track was not really well prepared. Temperature was in the mid 40's. I know my 60' times are bad, but I just couldn't get the car to really take off without some wheel spin. I was leaving on about 3 pounds of boost and it still would spin the M/T drag radials. They are 255's and I had about 20 psi in them. I made about ten runs and more than half were in the 12's. I uploaded 2 powerlogger files and they go with the 2 time slips. If anyone has any advice to help me improve or sees any issues please let me know. I consider myself a novice. I was running Eric Marshall's 6.1 chip with wideband correction on. Set to a 10.8 AFR and KR seemed to be minimal. I was having a bit of issue with the 2-3 up-shift but another thread helped me come to the conclusion that at minimum I need to run my transmission with 1 qt more fluid. I will have that in place before my next track trip.

Run 7

R/T .309
60' 1.927
330 5.276
1/8 8.101
MPH 86.92
1000 10.549
1/4 12.647
MPH 106.78

Run 10

R/T .269
60' 2.030
330 5.391
1/8 8.216
MPH 87.101
1000 10.662
1/4 12.758
MPH 106.77

Attachments

• 100314-7.dat
    150 KB · Views: 114
  • 100314-10.dat
    126.8 KB · Views: 82
You have a KR issue that needs to be dealt with.

I did notice the boost was running up pretty high - could the extra cold air cause that? Normally it's around 25#. I suppose I could set the AFR target a bit richer. Do you know how to tell if the converter is locking up from the power log?

Colder equals leaner. Two other things. You've got boost spikes to over 31 PSI...and your battery voltage is low. I don't see an RPM drop in high gear...so it didn't lock.

Colder equals leaner. Two other things. You've got boost spikes to over 31 PSI...and your battery voltage is low. I don't see an RPM drop in high gear...so it didn't lock.
What should the voltage be to be considered in range? Is there a way to tell if the converter is being told to lock?

What should the voltage be to be considered in range? Is there a way to tell if the converter is being told to lock?

Voltage should be in the mid 13's. You can install a switch to lock the convertor in 3rd...or if you're using Erics 5.7 chip he can lock it for you in 3rd at a given MPH. Not sure if he can do the same with the chip you have from him. Take a voltage reading from the back of the alternator.

Charged up the battery fully and voltages seems to be ok. Talked to Eric about the torque convertor lockup and it seems like the safe way is to leave it unlocked - apparently the lockup is hard on the trans. I dialed the boost back to 25 and will lower the target AFR to 10.6 - hopefully will eliminate the KR at the end of the track. Any other thoughts? What about air pressure in the drag radials? I would really like to leave harder to improve the 60' time - I guess a lot of that might be in the track prep. Going to try to get to the track for the last time on friday 10/24 - no rain in the forecast as of today.