Pity Party for Me

turbojimmy

Supporting Member
So here's how my past two months have gone:

1) In what can only be described as a witch hunt, I was fired from a several-hundred-thousand $ per year job for not reacting to an e-mail that a guy 2 levels down from me copied me on

2) Wife of 16-years decides that she's "done" with me and our marriage (I now know what 'irreconcilable differences' means)

And today.....

Totaled my Caddy by hitting the chief of police in his unmarked Explorer (no lights or siren, he was just crusing). He ran a yield sign and pulled right out in front of me. Demolished the front end of my car, both bags blew, broke the windshield. He bounced into someone else, who got taken away in an ambulance. No summonses issued.

In the immortal words of Young MC:

"Got no money and you got no car
Then you got no woman and there you are"

The good news? The Buick is running awesome. I can't wait to get to the track Friday night.

Jim

I'd say you're fortunate. Talk about a fresh start.

As long as you can get a decent paying job I would be doing nothing but looking forward...with glee.

Stay positive. Change is good. ;)

Damn, sorry about all the bad luck.

PS Can I get the name of were you worked. J/J

Keep your head up. Change is good and good luck to you.:biggrin:

RobsIron is correct.

I'm trying....each problem has its unique complications yet all are intertwined. But, any day that something crappy doesn't happen is a good day :). There's always tomorrow.

Jim

You did get quite a bit of bad all at once.

Remember its just a job. Replaceable. Possibly with a better one.

The wife...yeah that sucks, but replaceable. With a younger one. :p

The crash...just a car(not the buick whew!). No summons and noone hurt. Replaceable. Definately with a newer one. :cool:

Now you can look forward to 'better, 'younger' and 'newer'.

Never know what good tomorrow will bring.

Wow! is all I can say. Just keep your chin up and things will work out for the best. Hey, when one door closes......another one opens up.

If you lived closer I'd buy a beer or two.

I know how it feels to have that much bad luck all at once. Trust me: it DOES get better.

Things don't seem like they can get much worse. Sorry to hear. Do you have ur health? Health is wealth.... trust me on that one. There will be other jobs and especially other women. Dosen't make it suk any less im sure but again, do you have ur health? If so, ur doin better then I did for 7 months. At one time I would have traded any car or woman to have my health back.

Thanks guys.

Yes, I do have my health (as far as I know - going to the doc next week). Actually I've lost 28 lbs. since 2/17 when I lost my job. Some of it's stress, but I started working out again and eating right. I had let myself go a little in the physique department.

Because of our financial situation (neither of us are employed), my wife and I are living in separate quarters in our house for the foreseeable future. The kids know nothing. We're getting along fairly decently, it's just tough emotionally. It wasn't necessarily a tumultuous relationship, just a slow realization that we're not compatible.

The economy just sucks. I've never seen it like this in my 18-years in the industry. I have a stellar resume, an MBA and an MS in my field. There are just no jobs out there.

The car is replaceable. Since I didn't have collision on it, I need to find out what it's worth as salvage. It was a clean hit. If the bags hadn't deployed I'd repair it. I still may repair it, I dunno. A similar replacement would cost more than the repairs. Or I may get an LS1 F-body.

Things will turn around eventually, it's just tough to see the light at the end of the tunnel sometimes.

Jim

Don't let the depression, anger, & resentment fester. It's like a poison. Let it all go. Just like others here have said be thankful you are alive and breathing, healthy, you have healthy children, You have an education (ie: a chance), you have the skill and ability to come back better than ever and best of all you have a turbo buick!! :D Dare I say it... Don't worry, be happy...

If this is the bottom, you can only go up from here..;)

I feel for you bud. I have been through a few storms like that too. If there is any truth to the old saying "bad things happen in 3's", you should be O/K for a while.

Jim,

Let me start by saying sorry to hear about your issues. I too know how you feel.

I closed my speed shop down after 20 years of business, Wife wanted to call it quits after 12 yrs together and I moved into a small 2 bedroom apt. I also lost 35 to 40 lbs (working out, stress & lack of apatite) all with in 2 months of each other.

If I can, Let me give you a few words of advise that worked for me. Surround your self with good, honest friends & people, keep yourself busy and find a good local church to attend.

REMEMBER!!!! What doesn't kill you, only makes you stronger. By the way.... I'm one strong MF now! :)

Keep your head up, good luck & God bless.
Chris

Holy crap! Sorry for all of your misfortunes. Thank God you didn't get seriously hurt in that crash, sounded pretty bad.

Did you ever make it to Island this past Sunday?

Don't let the depression, anger, & resentment fester. It's like a poison. Let it all go.

It's easier said than done, but it's good advice. Every day it gets a little easier.

GNTIM said:
If there is any truth to the old saying "bad things happen in 3's", you should be O/K for a while.

Someone said that to me yesterday - I hope it's true!

BAGN said:
Keep your head up, good luck & God bless.

Glad you're doing okay now. I'll get there eventually. I really did need to lose 30 lbs. anyway. I don't have any clothes that fit, but it feels good.

trbochrgd1 said:
Holy crap! Sorry for all of your misfortunes. Thank God you didn't get seriously hurt in that crash, sounded pretty bad.

Did you ever make it to Island this past Sunday?

It was a hard hit. About $10k of damage. Pics are here:
Cadillac Classifieds - Cadillac Cars, Trucks and Parts For Sale - 2001 DTS, LF hit - Powered by PhotoPost Classifieds

It was a big Caddy - took out the town's unmarked Explorer easily.

I did get to Island on Sunday. Car ran great, except it was knocking. Definitely has the juice for a 10-second pass. Just need to get enough alcohol pumping through it, or switch to race fuel.

Thanks again, all.

Jim

Long ways away, but always a bed and a cold beer here for a fellow buick guy down on his luck. even garage space for the sweetheart.

Keep your head up... i think we have all been on the bottom of the barrel here and there.

Dont worry, you have good friends.

Cheers,

A.j.