Pictures of rides over the years...

323GTX

I've been a member here for 5 years and never posted a picture. :eek:

My photo album of rides over the years...

http://photobucket.com/albums/v11/skybax/

The nicer pictures taken with a digital camera are more recent, the fuzzy pictures are older and scanned.

Most I partially restored, some were worse than others, none were basket cases, few were mint originals.

I'm not a Buick man, Ford man etc... I've learned to appreciate all makes & models. Found the hobby to be much more enjoyable that way.

cool collection... ive honestly always had a thing for Fieros and damn, u have two of the nicest ive ever seen. The leather in the red one looks awesome. I would love to get one and do a supercharged3800 swap or some how do a turbo 3.8.

Thanks.

The red one was top notch condition, 50k miles, best and last model, 88 GT 5-speed, sold it last year on eBay for $10k.

The seats I re-did myself, covers were made by the famous Mr. Mike. (like JAX, only more specialized)

He makes covers for other models too, top notch stuff, here is his website...

www.MrMikes.com

Funny I was thinking ,what would it take for me to remotely think that was a cool car,,never happen....Nice AMX & Hurst Olds :wink: :wink:

Nice collection of cars!

When I clicked on the AMX I was almost expecting to see the Pierre Cardin interior.

The H/O and the 2 GP's are neat. I'd love to have a '69 GPSJ w/ 428HO and 4 speed.

The '86 Cutlass looked like a nice clean cruiser with the Light Monitors on the fenders.

Good stuff!

That AMX looks MEAN

Looks like its got some power (could use a powerful fuel injected motor though), and like it could actually ahndle pretty well..

Anybody know some specifications and general price tag on them?

Nice collection of cars!

When I clicked on the AMX I was almost expecting to see the Pierre Cardin interior.

The H/O and the 2 GP's are neat. I'd love to have a '69 GP-J w/ 428HO and 4 speed.

The '86 Cutlass looked like a nice clean cruiser with the Light Monitors on the fenders.

Good stuff!

Thanks.

I loved the PC interiors, great sales marketing. AMC also did one with Levi's, the seats and door panels were in Levi's denim, even had the Levi's tag. :)

The 72 GP was one of my favorite cars of all time. I'll never forget how I passed on a 69 GP SJ 428 4-speed locally for $1100 in very good condition. I'm sure we all have those stories.

The white 86 Olds was a very cool car, it was a fully loaded Salon with burgundy interior. Basicly a 442 without the camshaft. (yes... suspension, rear-end, interior, everything) The fiber optics on the fenders are cool, even though never offered on the Regal, I put a set on my 87 burgundy T from a junkyard Cutlass, was a nice custom touch.

Unicronus said:
That AMX looks MEAN

Looks like its got some power (could use a powerful fuel injected motor though), and like it could actually ahndle pretty well..

Anybody know some specifications and general price tag on them?

You can learn the basics about AMC pony cars here...

http://www.amx-perience.com/

As far as price, just like any car, it depends on condition, options, miles, and so on.

Mine was a 74, last year, late production, 66k miles, no rust, # matching, corrrect black on black, unrestored, driver quality, #3 car, about a 7 out of 10, turn key, 360 with go-pak option, worth around $12k two years ago. Probablly about $14 now. With new paint and an engine detail closer to $18k. Restored about $30k'ish?. (generally speaking) Obviously a 71 with a 401 is much more. The 68-70 2-seaters are a different animal.

I have owned & driven late 60's early 70's Mustangs/Cougars and Camaros/Firebirds... but I liked the Javelin, ride, handleing, visability, and overall feel better. Not to mention I find it a much neater car, not cookie-cutter. Hopefully I will be lucky enough to own another someday. That's one I probablly shouldn't have sold. :(

But the reality is, I'm not Jay Leno. I cannot afford all these cars. I can only afford to have one car at a time. So if I didn't sell the Firebird, I wouldn't have owned the AMX, I wouldn't have owned the Cuda, and so on. If I was a one-car guy, I wouldn't have learned all about these cars, and most importantly, I wouldn't have had all those experences. Because when it's all said and done, you can't take them with you, so it really doesn't matter. Might as well enjoy the hobby to it's fullest while you can. Buy something you can DRIVE!

Great looking cars! Love the AMC, the Firebird OHC, the GTA and of course the Regals! Very nice rides sir! ;)

Wow! a 60's model firebird with a I6.
I'm impressed.
That's got to be a rarity.
Did you built that or was it some fcty special?
I didn't think OHC's were around back then.

That was a bone stock base model 68 Firebird with 70k. I had the car 2 years ago. Bought it out of Virginia, was first week of January, 5 degrees outside, and drove home without heat.

Was a original unrestored survivor, super super clean. The frame, floors, rockers and so on looked like new, was unbelievable. Only one exterior repaint, all original sheetmetal.

I completely went over the whole car, inside & out, replacing anything that was bad, worn, or needed attention. The pictures show it in turn-key status.

The only changes that I made to the car were dog-dish hubcaps and added a OHC hood tach. The only thing the car needed when I sold it was a dashpad and window seals.

Sold it on eBay for $11,300 to a school teacher in Colorado. He was a really nice guy, wanted one of those cars for 27 years. His wife had recently died, and she never approved of him getting a motorcycle. So going with his wifes wishes, he bought this car instead of a motorcycle.

He and his son were thrilled when the car arrived. He was very happy with his purchase. (bought it sight-unseen from those pictures) He got a great 1st Generation Firebird. They don't come any cleaner / unmolested than that.