picture of a spotfaced timing cover?

bpman1234

hi just want to know if anyone would post a pic of what a spotfaced timing cover for billet rollercam should look ?thanks in advance .as always.

looks like a new one.. flat in the are where the button rides. problem is a used one with the oe plastic button tended to wear the surface on the outer edge where the spring was leaving it convex with a point in the center . spot facing is merely grinding it back to a flat surface for the new roller button

Got so if it's not to bad I can just smooth it out and it he good for the new button .got my chain just now from Ta the v1522b.would that be the marks to line up in the pic ? This is my stock motor stock cam

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 168
If the front cover is worn as you mentioned, should it be welded and resurfaced, or simply machine it flat? My buddies is probably 1/16" work deep, point in center, going to roller cam. Hope this is alright with the OP I ask in this thread.

for 1/16th i wouldnt weld , once flat it will take a little more shim behind the button
make sure its flat (little low in center is ok ) and that the new button will fit the recess and not be riding on the outer edge preventing it from sitting flat , if not you need to spot face and widen the area so it does have a flat surface

Yes the Webber billet Roller set up 206/206 and also it answerd my other question about my stock motor that Iam doing now in the car .

So it has to be machined if it's to bad ? Or is this ok ?this is my 100 thou cover that had the stock plastic button that I am putting back on after doing the Earl brown mod

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    783.9 KB · Views: 154
Last edited:
did Earl brown cleaned button area made flat with disc sander use new style button no problem

in the pic? no that was the plastic original cam button that did that 100 thou miles .meant to say that I was doing the earl brown mods .so good to go then with the new cam button then .thanks for all your replies you guys are great .yea working on 2 motors one in the garage on stand and the one that's in the car and both at the point of front cover install one stock cam and one roller billet cam .