Pics of a GNX we re-created

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gotta Link to a place

The shop I used closed down, but I can email him and see if his die guys would be willing to do it again, which I am sure they would.

You would need a guy to print you out an .AI file in photoshop, very high clarity, and then give them the specs, make sure you specify that you need it right reading or else they will print it backwards since they are used to making printing dies. Any printing shop could do it though.

For mine I just had a buddy clean my hand drawn sketch up in Photoshop and I added Ariel Bold Round script for the number, told them it needed to be 3 inches long and I was set. Cut them out on a band saw, used a belt sander to clean the edge and it was ready for paint. :cool:

Your project looks great too, how hard is it to install a GNX rear, did you use Kirban's jig?

The shop I used closed down, but I can email him and see if his die guys would be willing to do it again, which I am sure they would.

You would need a guy to print you out an .AI file in photoshop, very high clarity, and then give them the specs, make sure you specify that you need it right reading or else they will print it backwards since they are used to making printing dies. Any printing shop could do it though.

For mine I just had a buddy clean my hand drawn sketch up in Photoshop and I added Ariel Bold Round script for the number, told them it needed to be 3 inches long and I was set. Cut them out on a band saw, used a belt sander to clean the edge and it was ready for paint. :cool:

Your project looks great too, how hard is it to install a GNX rear, did you use Kirban's jig?
No Jig,I brought it to my chassis guy JW Racing Fabrication LLC - Seymour CT and he set it up and welded it in.

Otto If you want a custom emblem made contact me! I just had this company I use make me my personal customized emblems for my car. They done the grill, dash and trunk lid..

I sent you a e-mail of the emblems I had made for my car!!

Scot W.

i can see both points a view of this GNX #23 thing but it comes down to this... if ur that worried about ur car's resale value... u dont belong in this hobby. Go collect baseball cards or something. car are more about having fun, talkin to people, appriciating their work, lettin them appriciate yours. The money people have ruined the hobby. A lot of people have hemi cuda's because they have the money to buy them while a lot of people who truly appriciate what they are got priced out. the G-bodys are the last frontier and the X's are already outta sight for the average joe. GN's are getting there. Its a damn shame because a lot of cool cars are ending up in the hands of people that are just rich. I'm not jealous of someone who earned it and is well off, i just cant stand when they ruin a hobby just because they can afford something, not because they are that into it.

I care about the value of my car for insurance reasons only. other than that i dont care.

I think at this point, with the amount of discussion around the #23, there can be no ambiguity about which is the original and which is the recreation. The thread here should prove in the future what the validity of the real #23 is and that of the clone.

PS

Otto if a GNX turbo becomes available in the near futures please let us know, as I posted yesterday GNX 509 was stolen in NJ.

THanks

Stratos

I think at this point, with the amount of discussion around the #23, there can be no ambiguity about which is the original and which is the recreation. The thread here should prove in the future what the validity of the real #23 is and that of the clone.

PS

Otto if a GNX turbo becomes available in the near futures please let us know, as I posted yesterday GNX 509 was stolen in NJ.

THanks

Stratos
Will do,There is one thing i will not be involved with is stolen car parts.
Genuine GNX parts are rare enough that dont normally
just pop up,It really is a waste to steal one.

Otto, why don't you bring the clone up to Hooters tonite!?:biggrin:

We plan on bringing the clone and the 10 sec WH1 also and possibly the Hurst Olds.This way the locals can see are handywork.
But like i said we wont be there till atleast 7-8 oclock

Wheel Q

Nice clone Otto, I applaud you for going all the way with it. I'm not a big fan of clones of any make/model, but it's nice to see one that has everything done correctly.

I was wondering if you could give me the specifics on the wheels? How does the finish work look, specifically, does the weld on the backside look factory? Did the shop re-clear the lip? Did they leave the rim smooth or give it a turned look like later GTA wheels? Did they correctly paint the front side of the webbing and leave the back natural?

I've got all these questions because I'm looking to do a set of wheels for my car to use as drivers. Can you post the shop's contact info?

Thanks!

You can always have a Printing Shop make a raised magnesium printing die for you and make any number you want. This sheet cost me $90.00, so I have a dash plate and a bunch of keychains.

Don't mind the paint, it was just a quick test:

dashtestfit2.jpg

DashPlaquepaint3.jpg

DashPlaque_2.jpg

I've always wondered why someone doesn't make a run of correct looking plaques with numbers starting at 548 and above?

Kirban made some poor repops of 001-100. They were just printed on aluminum instead of stamped. What a joke... if you're going to do it, do it right like the pics above.

Pictures don't do that car justice. One of, if not the nicest GNX Re-creation around anywhere. The owner put an obscene amount of time and money into this car. Truly a time capsule.

The guy listing that Re-creation GNX on Ebay listed it as the nicest Re-creation around? Not even close.

I'll 2nd that! So it in person last nite.:)

As the owner of the real GNX023 I take offense to this replica. Why couldn't you use a fake badge like GNX548? When I decide to sell GNX023 this car will cause nothing but confusion to potential buyers.

Kurt B

Take a chill pill...... the car is a clone, and it looks GREAT!!! lol

Yea you could eat off the floors in that shop. That place has 2 plasma TV's, super clean waiting room, half bath and a full bathroom with kitchen that looks way nicer then my home bathroom and kitchen:mad:.

Kash's shop should give any perspective buyers of his car an idea as to how anal he is. His car looks the way a car should being built in a shop like his. Flawless.

Just found this thread - I've been to Kash's place as well and had work done on my 17k mile GN (when I had it) and to say that Kash is clean is most certainly an understatement! They've done some interesting things with diesel Ford trucks too!

Beside both building being like Fort Knox alarmed right to the police and fire(we got people on the payroll there:biggrin: )

The parking lot will soon be all redone and razor fence around the perimeter.

Cops like to hang out there:D

Is it also because of the (ahem) "club" up the street?:D

Status
Not open for further replies.