Pics of a GNX we re-created

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is a pic last year with vehicles we modified.

Attachments

• garage.jpg
    garage.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 1,134
Stop whinning.... Send us another number. We will gladly change it.

It's not whining.

The guy owns the real #23. He has every right to be anything from annoyed to completely pissed off that someone put his number on a clone.

But I guess neither you nor any of the others telling him to STFU would get that because none of you own a GNX.

Yea your right we dont have 75k to blow on the real thing, I would rather make my house payment. I want a car I cant drive.

You guys sound like our government leaders who can't seem to get united to protect and help everyone but only have their personal agendas.

This persons feelings who has #023 should be appreciated and he shouldn't be reprimanded because he is where he is in life. I personally have good friends from everywalk in life, from the very wealthy to those on food stamps. They all put their pants on one leg at a time. If anyone knows which GNX numbers have been removed from the community as destroyed or just plain missing I will gladly pay for the dash plaque number and have it mailed to Kash if he will consider changing it.

Let me know if anyone can furnish me with this information but most of all my little knowledge of Kash tells me he is considerate enough to change the number.

Kind regards to all....Curtis Roys...curtis@cct.nu

It's not whining.

The guy owns the real #23. He has every right to be anything from annoyed to completely pissed off that someone put his number on a clone.

But I guess neither you nor any of the others telling him to STFU would get that because none of you own a GNX.

WELL SAID.....

You guys sound like our government leaders who can't seem to get united to protect and help everyone but only have their personal agendas.

This persons feelings who has #023 should be appreciated and he shouldn't be reprimanded because he is where he is in life. I personally have good friends from everywalk in life, from the very wealthy to those on food stamps. They all put their pants on one leg at a time. If anyone knows which GNX numbers have been removed from the community as destroyed or just plain missing I will gladly pay for the dash plaque number and have it mailed to Kash if he will consider changing it.

Let me know if anyone can furnish me with this information but most of all my little knowledge of Kash tells me he is considerate enough to change the number.

Kind regards to all....Curtis Roys...curtis@cct.nu
We would gladly change the number,As i stated before this palque came on a car we purchased,s owe used it.
Kash would really like one of those with the 548 number on it if someone knows who can make an exact replica to the 547 others.

i know kash a little and i bet if he really wanted one he could probably afford at 2 real GNX'S.and on top of that he is a really nice soft spoken guy without any kind of attitude or arrogance. this was just a project that got out of hand due to him having some great luck finding some rare parts. CAR LOOKS GREAT KASH & OTTO AND IT SOUNDS LIKE BRETT WAS INVOLVED TOO !! :biggrin:

It's not whining.

Stop whinning! People should be honored that someone else wants to make a replica of their car. I dont hear anyone whining about the Hemil Cuda being replicated. It just happens to be that these cars were numbered thru 547 so naturally to replicate one you need a number. Why does anyone care anyway? People have nothing better to do then whine about someone making their car look like theirs. If someone wants to duplicate my car I would welcome them, not cry about it. He has never passed it off as a real GNX to anyone at any time. It's what came with the car!

Stop whinning! People should be honored that someone else wants to make a replica of their car. I dont hear anyone whining about the Hemil Cuda being replicated. It just happens to be that these cars were numbered thru 547 so naturally to replicate one you need a number. Why does anyone care anyway? People have nothing better to do then whine about someone making their car look like theirs. If someone wants to duplicate my car I would welcome them, not cry about it. He has never passed it off as a real GNX to anyone at any time. It's what came with the car!

I'm not trying to defend either side here but you honestly can't see where GNX023 might be a little upset, honestly? The examples of a Hemi Cuda I think are a little different than a production numbered car such as the GNX. You used the words "whine" and "cry" a lot like these guys are being obnoxious about it, I don't see it as whining. I see it as a guy trying to protect his investment. I can see his point about causing confusion in the future. Now people know that car #023 has been duplicated and at some point, someone somewhere will remember this and if he shows his car or ever tries to sell it, it will come up and the question will be asked "Is this the real GNX 023 or the clone I read about"? And to use the excuse "it's what came with the car" as the reason you used the dash plaque???? Had it been me, I would have sought out car #'s either totaled or no longer around for whatever reason or at least contacted the owner first to ask if it were OK.....but that's just me.

This is some funny ship.
How easy is it to come by an OE GNX dash plate?
If I was doing an X clone and that’s what I had available I would have used it too.
Plus the one of the guys involved made an offer now it’s up to the other guy to except it or live with it.
That’s better then what most people would have done.
Plus it’s just a meaningless number.
And should GN guys be pissed at GNX guys for having an out sourced modified GN called by a deferent name and considered to be a deferent car?
Ship a GNX is just a modified GN with a number on it.
And not even done by Buick.

Sorry guys just showing my level of GNX ignorance

Firstly, nobody is whining.

Anybody can make their car look as eactly like mine as they want as long as they don't put MY number on it. That number is mine and mine alone.

Why does anybody care? Because they do. That should be good enough for you.

The ONLY number that truely matters with a GNX or ANY collector type car is the VIN #. Replica numbered GNX dash plates & parts have been available since these cars were new & i see NO problem with them being available as long as cars are not being passed off as originals. It's no differant than tribute Yenko Camaro's, Clone Hemi Cuda's, recreated Boss Mustangs & all the parts available for those cars. This put together car has probally hurt some feelings because it's nicer than many originals?? Don't worry GNX owners your investment is safe (supply & demand), just keep checking the bubble your car lives in to make sure it's aging OK. ;)

If you are somehow suggesting this is a "rights" issue, nobody ever suggested you didn't have the right to put #23 on your car.

We all have the "right" to engage in any number of obnoxious behaviors... that doesn't mean we should or that others must accept them if we do.

I have a GN, not a GNX, and that is why I rarely post in here but it bothers me a little to see guys go out of there way to come in here and bash GNX owners. If I had one I would keep it in the garage too. Hell, I finally drove my GN after a year and a half just last week. To me the cars are not only worth a very large amount of money these days, but they are also a part of automotive history for GM, Buick and us "car guys". To say "It's just a GN with some flares" is like saying a GN is "Just a Regal with a v6":rolleyes:

Most of the guys that own a GNX appreciate the car for being "Special", not only to them, but to the automotive community. The owner of the real #23 is upset about a very legit looking clone running around with his car number on it and I agree that he has every right to be upset. The owner of this GNX Clone seems very honest and understanding by saying that he would switch the number plate if he were to get another. Fair enough. But for all of you other guys saying the owner of the real #23 is crying is just plain rude. You know damn good and well if the shoe were on the other foot you would raise all kinds of hell.

Sure the clone is very nice and very correct and it is represented as a clone but what happens when the car is sold and it's history begins to get a little cloudy in the minds of the sellers? Later down the road a greedy seller meets an uninformed buyer and all of a sudden we have 2 #23's running around. How many horror stories have you read about, or ignored, musclecars that were sold as the real deal turning out to be fakes? Way too many to count.

Another thing, call it what it is, a CLONE. You can candy-coat it however you want, and so can Barrett-Jackson, but in the end it is still a fake.
A re-creation would be the rebuilding of a totaled GNX. A clone is a copy of the real thing.

The way I see it we are all part of a very small community and we should respect our forum brothers as such. To sit here and call names and make fun of those we don't agree with is very childish. If you can't afford a GNX, don't disrespect those who can. And if you can't say anything positive about a GNX or one of the owners, don't enter the GNX section of the forum.:)

You can always have a Printing Shop make a raised magnesium printing die for you and make any number you want. This sheet cost me $90.00, so I have a dash plate and a bunch of keychains.

Don't mind the paint, it was just a quick test:

dashtestfit2.jpg

DashPlaquepaint3.jpg

DashPlaque_2.jpg

You can always have a Printing Shop make a raised magnesium printing die for you and make any number you want. This sheet cost me $90.00, so I have a dash plate and a bunch of keychains.

Don't mind the paint, it was just a quick test:

dashtestfit2.jpg

DashPlaquepaint3.jpg

DashPlaque_2.jpg
Gotta Link to a place

Status
Not open for further replies.