Pics/Directions Racetronix Teflon Fuel Line Kit?

DaveyX87

I registered on the Racetronix forum in order to get support for my recent purchases. I am about to instal my fuel line kit and I would like to see how it is done. Does anyone have a link to directions or pics? Thanks

Friend of mine had Classic tube make some stainless frame to rail feed & return with -6 & -8 fittings by the frame, he ended up not using them and gave them to me, but they work great and I'm sure Classic tube would be able to replicate them. I then ran the return on the passenger side from the tank tonthe transmission x-over and then to drivers side and forward to where the stock line ends. Ran the feed line down the drivers side the entire way and had a local shop cut off some (after measuring where the stock lines ends) and install a new straight AN fitting. I also swapped the -6 fitting for a straight fitting.

I appreciate the feedback and pics. I am in the middle of running the lines now. I ran the feed straight down and under the water pump and under the oil pan where it met up with the stock lines. So far everything is outta the way of heat. I used the supplied heat wrap by the turbo and by the driver side header even though the line is a few inches away from either heat source. Im gonna run the return now. The only problem I foresee is mounting the huge fuel filter. I'm not sure where it is supposed to bolt to.

Filter fits pretty tight/near where the stock one went. Mine is extremely close to the parking brake cable, but I never use it so it shouldn't matter

Racetronix included a fp gauge with the kit. It looks like the gauge mounts on the passenger side feed. Is this correct?

Racetronix included a fp gauge with the kit. It looks like the gauge mounts on the passenger side feed. Is this correct?
A fuel pressure gauge didn't come with my kit . Look at the second link I posted that is where the filter is mounted , Like Roc87 said , right near the old fuel filter location . Sam

I just looked , drilled and tapped one , the other I could get a nut on it through the hole in the cross member .

I got almost everything in. I have the tank dropped and I can't figure out how to route the lines over the axel and muffler.

Ok, so got it all in. I have a massive leak on one of the so called "pressure tested fittings." Im so pissed! The 45 elbow from the tank right at the filter is leaking. It seems to be a bad seal where the elbow was installed onto the line. I suppose I will have to re-splice it.

Last edited:
Send me a message here I am on my way to SEMA but I will try to help you figure it out
Mike

I took off the fitting and the leak appears to have been caused by strands of braid that interfered with the seal and threads. The strands of stainless braid marred the seal of the aluminum connector. I tried to clean it up and put it back together but it still leaks. I am going to splice a new fitting on this afternoon. I was hoping for plug and play but oh well. I think Racetronix makes some great products but I keep having bad luck with them. I know I did not cause this problem, nor did I cause the fuel pump/sending unit that I got a few months back to be wired backwards. :banghead:

Which FP sending unit was it? I was thinking of grabbing this kit and their 416 single pump for a E85 conversion. Might end up going with Nick and his set up to include his new line kit coming out.

Which FP sending unit was it? I was thinking of grabbing this kit and their 416 single pump for a E85 conversion. Might end up going with Nick and his set up to include his new line kit coming out.

I believe it was the G7 SS Sender. Once I figured out that it was wired in reverse, I was able to take apart the connecter and swap the two power wires from the FP to the sender. I have a lot of practice dropping tanks now. I just installed a new stainless AN fit sender from Fullthrottle. It's real nice.

Ok, so got it all in. I have a massive leak on one of the so called "pressure tested fittings." Im so pissed! The 45 elbow from the tank right at the filter is leaking. It seems to be a bad seal where the elbow was installed onto the line. I suppose I will have to re-splice it.
Wow ! Sorry to hear you had problems with your kit . Quality control must be going down hill . My Racetronix DP kit was perfect with no leaks on first try . Hope you get it squared away . Sam

Thought I would bring this thread back to life since I'm installing the teflon lines today along with a new 450lph pump. Everything is going fairly well, but I'm a little concerned with the connections at the fuel rail and the regulator. The stock lines have an o-ring and a tapered fit into the rail and regulator. The new lines aren't tapered and don't have an o-ring plus they seem to bottom out before they are fully on. Since they don't have an o-ring and aren't tapered, do they require teflon tape? I have to say I'm a little surprised the fit isn't better...

I believe it was the G7 SS Sender. Once I figured out that it was wired in reverse, I was able to take apart the connecter and swap the two power wires from the FP to the sender. I have a lot of practice dropping tanks now. I just installed a new stainless AN fit sender from Fullthrottle. It's real nice.
The Racetronix hangers are wired for the pumps they sell, which is different from the more common Walbro and replacement pumps. I found this out after I installed their intermediary harness and my pump ran backwards.