Pic request of 3" THDP that fits ATR headers

Blazer406

Mechanical Engineer
I have a 3" TH SS DP for an internal gate. I bought the DP used from Dusty Bradford many years ago that came off one of his customers cars I think.....

I currently am running stock headers. It fits fine.

I understand there is a version of the TH downpipe that will fit with ATR headers....

How can I determine which flavor THDP I have....without installing a set of ATR headers?

Does anyone have a pic of the one that is supposed to fit with ATR headers? (installed on the car)??

I have a 3" TH SS DP for an internal gate. I bought the DP used from Dusty Bradford many years ago that came off one of his customers cars I think.....

I currently am running stock headers. It fits fine.

I understand there is a version of the TH downpipe that will fit with ATR headers....

How can I determine which flavor THDP I have....without installing a set of ATR headers?

Does anyone have a pic of the one that is supposed to fit with ATR headers? (installed on the car)??

You will notice that the sweep (bend) coming off the turbo is a longer radius and sticks out a bit further. The easiest way is to note how close the down pipe sits in relation to your plastic inner wheel well housing.
The down pipes made to clear ATR / Kenne Bell Headers will be touching or just almost touching the inner wheel well. The heat from the down pipe will then melt a long area (following the pattern of your down pipe) along the inner wheel well.

I used to have Kenne Bell Headers and had to try to find a down pipe that would fit. Finally had to buy one from South East Turbo.

I will try to dig up a couple of pictures for you to see. In the mean time, if you could post a picture of how close your down pipe is to your plastic inner wheel well, we could tell you for sure.

A friend of mine has one, I might have a pic of his engine compartment to give you an idea of the general shape.

From your responses, I'm pretty sure mine is one that won't work with ATR headers.....mine has never come close to melting my stock inner fender well.....

The TA stock replacement headers are beginning to look better and better to me.

Here is a pic. It comes out pretty far from the turbo.

Attachments

• carshow 004.jpg
    carshow 004.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 204
Blazer406 said:
From your responses, I'm pretty sure mine is one that won't work with ATR headers.....mine has never come close to melting my stock inner fender well.....

The TA stock replacement headers are beginning to look better and better to me.

With your ATR headers, the DP will hit the exhaust up pipe. I know this do to the fact that I have a THDP with larger RJC puck that I can't use. Now RJC DP will clear ATR headers. This I know. It is what I have on my car currently.

You will notice that the sweep (bend) coming off the turbo is a longer radius and sticks out a bit further. The easiest way is to note how close the down pipe sits in relation to your plastic inner wheel well housing.
The down pipes made to clear ATR / Kenne Bell Headers will be touching or just almost touching the inner wheel well. The heat from the down pipe will then melt a long area (following the pattern of your down pipe) along the inner wheel well.

I used to have Kenne Bell Headers and had to try to find a down pipe that would fit. Finally had to buy one from South East Turbo.

I will try to dig up a couple of pictures for you to see. In the mean time, if you could post a picture of how close your down pipe is to your plastic inner wheel well, we could tell you for sure.

Here's a couple of pictures of my SE Turbo Down Pipe (stainless steel / Jet Hot 2000 coated) made for ATR / Kenne Bell Headers, the THDP for ATR headers would look the same.
You can see it swings out much further than the standard THDP coming very close to the plastic inner wheel well in order to clear the KB / ATR headers.

SE Turbo DP for ATR-KB Headers 001.jpg
SE_Turbo_3in_DP_&_Kenne_Bell_Headers_004.jpg

CIMG1891.JPG

C:\Users\GUY'S  8-17-2012\Pictures\My Pictures
C:\Users\GUY'S  8-17-2012\Pictures\My Pictures