Physics question.. can you figure it out?

I thought I was gonna have to smack 1arunm until I clicked the link! ;) I thought he was still fighting it. Good one!

My question is, it your wheel speed would be twice the normal speed,say 200mph for take off,how would that effect my frequent flyer miles? Sounds like a good deal for me..

The plane will take off, its simple and everyone understands the basic physics I just think that not everyone quite understands how a planes wheel works. A planes wheel is not driven by anything(freespinning) therefore its airspeed is independent of how fast its wheels are spinning or what direction. I can ask a physics professor at my school if you want :)

If the conveyor can go no faster than the planes ground speed, and you still think the plane would go nowhere, then the conveyor would never move an inch.

tredmil.gif

Black6pack:

I couldn't give up on my side of the debate just because it was wrong ;)

Besides it was too much fun thinking of ways to say it wouldn't fly :biggrin:

Once you've put a lot of effort into an argument and realize you're wrong its hard to give up on and makes you want to fight even more. I know my past girlfriends found that out. They were the ones that were wrong obviously! ;)