Phoenix area: Know this car???

turbocivic

I am in the market for a GN and live in Tucson. I saw this car on ebay eBay Motors: Buick : Grand National (item 220076765121 end time Feb-07-07 19:37:09 PST)

Does anyone have any information or know the owner? If not, would someone be willing to take a look at it with me. This will be my first GN and although I have read this site awhile and the buying tips page on the other site, its not the same as owning a car and knowing what to look for.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks guys,

Ray.

I did see this car at the West Coast Nats. and thought it had potential but the repaint needed help. You might want to run a Carfax to see it's history. I don't know what you are looking at spending but check this one out (check the web site in the ad for the extra pictures).
Good Luck,
Jeff

The repaint description in the ad text didn't sound like a professional finish to me either, plus the light that was used to photograph the car wasn't the greatest. I always run a carfax on any vehicle purchase that I make but have yet to do so for this car. Hoping to find a little information about it and see if I want to take it any further.

I looked at the car linked in your post. Buying a car sight unscene has always turned me away. Thanks for the info though.:cool:

I am not looking to spend much more than $10K adn would like for it to be local or bordering states. Obviously, a good deal is a good deal and it could squeeze some more cash outta me. But, I am going to drive the GN that I purchase everyday. I already have one car that is a garage queen and dont have the space or patience for another.:biggrin:

Thanks Jeff,

Ray.

Ray,

If it were me I would forego the GN route and pursue an unmolested T-Type instead. I know of two in the PHX area; one of them you have already responded to in the For Sale section (it's the grey T-Top car with blackout trim located in Gilbert.) There are also two '87 Limiteds which you can find at:

Hemmings Motor News: Auto Classifieds - Hemmings Auto Classifieds feature cars for sale nation wide. <--- in San Dimas, CA

AND

1987 Buick T-Type Limited For Sale By Owner <--- located in PHX

AND

1987 Buick T-Type Regal Car For Sale <--- located in PHX

Hope this helps...

Looked a the links you sent for the above Regals. That white one hardly looks unmolested! LOL :D

The interior of the T-Type is a turn off. It reminds me of my very first car, 86 Monte Carlo. I guess I could always swap the seats for something else.

Hunt continues. Didn't realize how many of these cars are actually for sale until I started looking.

Ray