PF 52E AC OIL FILTER What does E mean?

PaulRV6

I bought an oil filter at Walmart and the PF52 is labeled PF52E? What does the "E" refer to?

paul

Take it back and get your money back, really. Go to NAPA and get a good filter like a WIX or NAPA gold.:)

Noticed this recently too. Local Walmart carries the "E" filters. Tried a AutoZone and a AC Delco dealer, both still carry the non E (older) version. Fleet packs have changed over to the E version only I was told.

the E stands for economy compare it to the same number ac delco at any auto store you will see walmart got ac delco to build them a (pos) oil filter for cheap.I also use the wix 51036 best filter

FWIW this was a new delco filter on my new build. 20 minutes run time.

IMG_9024.jpg

IMG_9026.jpg

FWIW this was a new delco filter on my new build. 20 minutes run time.

Like I said before-Bag Government Motors. It should also get the label Obama Motors. I will be dead before I ever by a GM car again. Just take a look at the new Buick Regal Turbo. It is enough to make you want to lose your lunch!. Brad

Take a look at a STP and AC Delco together side by side. Other than the drain back valve colors they look identical. Even the pleat stack inside...a.k.a. JUNK

Ok, I am taking the AC one back and bought a WIX gold. Thanks for the feedback.

paul

Like I said before-Bag Government Motors. It should also get the label Obama Motors. I will be dead before I ever by a GM car again. Just take a look at the new Buick Regal Turbo. It is enough to make you want to lose your lunch!. Brad

Delco switched to the champion E core filter long before the days of Goverment motors and AC Delco was spun off from GM before that.

Delco switched to the champion E core filter long before the days of Goverment motors and AC Delco was spun off from GM before that.

yeah, but one must never, ever let facts get in the way of an emotion based rant on the internet. that's just not how it works..

I run the Baldwin B-35S on my Silverado, which used the PF-52 originally. After I lost the factory motor I switched. I run a Baldwin B39 as my primary oil filter on the GN and a B-243 as the secondary turbo luber filter. No problems so far from either vehicle.

I run the Baldwin B-35S on my Silverado, which used the PF-52 originally. After I lost the factory motor I switched. I run a Baldwin B39 as my primary oil filter on the GN and a B-243 as the secondary turbo luber filter. No problems so far from either vehicle.

which Silverado uses a PF52? does it have a 4.3 V6 in it? i've never seen a truck that used that filter..
just asking out of curiosity..

which Silverado uses a PF52? does it have a 4.3 V6 in it? i've never seen a truck that used that filter..

All the chevy 90 degree V6 engines use the same filter. Even the 60 degree V6's use it, or the same one on the Buick V6 cars. Chevy started putting the 4.3 liter engine in trucks in 85 so all of them have used the same filter.:)

Ive used a PF-52 on my old body style Silverado since I bought it in '05 until two months ago when I put the new motor in it. No problems that I noticed. I do not think the Delco filter caused the engine failure.

It has a TBI 5.7 V8 in it. Standard small block Chevy motor. And Charlie is right, I used the PF-52 on my GN until I got the big oil filter adapter and then I ran a PF-24 from a big block Buick motor until they became impossible to find locally. I did run Hastings' filters for a while as well.

AC filters are cheap crap compared to what they offered years ago. Wix has the best filter compared to availability out there.