PF 52E AC OIL FILTER What does E mean?

AC filters are cheap crap compared to what they offered years ago. Wix has the best filter compared to availability out there.

So this is just a simple question.... Does it even matter??? I have read many many articles about oil filters, and people saying brand x is crap etc.
My neighbor has a 2001 s-10 with 260,000 miles and uses the cheapest oil and filter he can buy, but changes it every 3000 miles.
So i ask....Does it really matter??
Thanks

so this is just a simple question.... Does it even matter??? I have read many many articles about oil filters, and people saying brand x is crap etc.
My neighbor has a 2001 s-10 with 260,000 miles and uses the cheapest oil and filter he can buy, but changes it every 3000 miles.
So i ask....does it really matter??
Thanks
yes !

So this is just a simple question.... Does it even matter??? I have read many many articles about oil filters, and people saying brand x is crap etc.
So i ask....Does it really matter??
Thanks
Yes it does. I have a 97 park avenue with 317k on it and i use cheap oil filters and change the oil every 7500-10000 miles but it never sees over 4000rpm, probably never has over 70psi oil pressure, and never gets driven hard. The oil filter specification is for the same filter on the Park Avenue as it is on my Turbo regals that get hammered constantly, make about 4 times as much power and see oil pressures over 80psi. I change the oil based on driving type. Not mileage on those cars. God luck with a cheap filter on a high performance engine thats making 3-4hp/ci and getting hammered every time its driven.

Yes it does. I have a 97 park avenue with 317k on it and i use cheap oil filters and change the oil every 7500-10000 miles but it never sees over 4000rpm, probably never has over 70psi oil pressure, and never gets driven hard. The oil filter specification is for the same filter on the Park Avenue as it is on my Turbo regals that get hammered constantly, make about 4 times as much power and see oil pressures over 80psi. I change the oil based on driving type. Not mileage on those cars. God luck with a cheap filter on a high performance engine thats making 3-4hp/ci and getting hammered every time its driven.

I will agree 100% here. On a non performance vehicle you don't need a great filter but if you're pushing the limits the hell yes! Think of it this way. Would you want your to be married or take a chance with a 2 dollar hooker.:biggrin:

All the chevy 90 degree V6 engines use the same filter. Even the 60 degree V6's use it, or the same one on the Buick V6 cars. Chevy started putting the 4.3 liter engine in trucks in 85 so all of them have used the same filter.:)
That's incorrect. Not all GM V6's take the PF52. Please do research before handing out bad information that will damage ones automobile.

And the E stands for E core. It's a more efficient design than it's predessor.

That's incorrect. Not all GM V6's take the PF52. Please do research before handing out bad information that will damage ones automobile.

And the E stands for E core. It's a more efficient design than it's predessor.
Since you work for GM, you should know to look at the date of a post J D.;) While you may work somewhere in the GM cog, I've actually been working in the field for over 30 years.:D There are also other interesting filter interchanges like the old 22R Toyota oil filter will fit on a SB ford.:eek: What GM says isn't always gospel so trust me what I say this post is from 2011 and GM has changed quite a few things on their engines including the use of a cartridge rather than a spin on filter. However, the GM engines I was talking about are all now extinct and no longer in production at this point in the US. They may be manufactured outside of the US, but the current GM V6 engines do not take the PF 52 POS AC oil filter.:p

Since you work for GM, you should know to look at the date of a post J D.;) While you may work somewhere in the GM cog, I've actually been working in the field for over 30 years.:D There are also other interesting filter interchanges like the old 22R Toyota oil filter will fit on a SB ford.:eek: What GM says isn't always gospel so trust me what I say this post is from 2011 and GM has changed quite a few things on their engines including the use of a cartridge rather than a spin on filter. However, the GM engines I was talking about are all now extinct and no longer in production at this point in the US. They may be manufactured outside of the US, but the current GM V6 engines do not take the PF 52 POS AC oil filter.:p

Amen