Patching or plugging a Drag Radial

Dhos1

Self-tuning wanna-be
Got a damn nail in my tire from a stupid construction site! Took it to one place and he said it’s too close to the wall to repair it. Plus he says you cannot plug a DR!!!!! Can this be true. See pic.

Thanks
F90402D8-A871-4592-8FE3-38F9788DACD9.jpeg

i use the Stop and Go tire plugger. i had one in my last set of drag radials for 60% of its life. stopngo.com

It's called liability.
Never done this so its an opinion.

I would patch it from the inside. It's not in an area where the patch will deform. Trim the patch so it's away from the inner corner/roll and do your diligence to ensure its done correctly. Tire psi and centrifugal force will keep the patch in place after the cure.

I have patches and the ability. I don't have a tire machine so my ways of bustin the bead and getting access to the inside are kinda crude. But I ain't skeered of patching it. In s Atown if you want to give it a try.

Take it to a local llantera/used tire place and have them take the tire off the rim for you.

The best was to plug a tire you car about is with a plug patch. It's basically an inside patch with a tit in the middle that acts as a plug so it's the best of both worlds.

https://www.amazon.com/Hanperal-24Pcs-Rubber-Repair-Patch/dp/B01NADRACD

That being said, keep an eye on the tire after any puncture. It's rare, but if a steel belt got compromised the tire will bulge when it breaks and bad bad things will happen.

I have plugged DR in the past.....was very hard to punch through but it worked. I agree that it is too close to the sidewall in your case. I would go for a new tire