Passenger valve cover sensor/plug

Rizzo

I just pulled my motor and im going over all the vac lines amd wiring and found a broken wire.Need to get new ends to go into plug but didnt keep track where the red and black wired where in the plug.This piece is mounted on the front passenger side valve cover with 2 vac lines and this plug.

Could someone please look at theres and tell me where the red/black wires go theres A and B on plug
1465770757719-1121168468.jpg

Wastegate solenoid wires should be 1 wire is pink with black trace and 1 wire is purple with white trace.

Pink and black [+12vdc] goes on the B terminal and the
purple and white [- or ground ] goes on the A terminal.

It would work wired either way though as it is just a 12 volt coil with no sense of polarity.

Last edited:
The charcoal canister vent solenoid uses the same plug located left front wheel well near the core support.
This has been deleted on many cars.....pink/black wire on A.....dark green/yellow wire on B.

Your pic shows a pink with black wire [goes to B] and a purple with white [ goes to A ]......hard to see but thats what they are. Reread post 3.

You can get new plugs at Caspers Electronics or I have an old harness I can cut you the plug off.

Thanks,where the red plug plugs into is the black piece with red dot that bolts on to a stud on top of valve cover,vac line runs though the motor puller clamp to wastegate and 2 more vac line behind motor.
Google turbo Buick wastegate solenoid for pictures of the wires and vacuum hoses. There are also pics at gnttype.org .

That connector is an unsealed PackCon connector that is obsolete and no longer available. We use a red Weatherpack with sealed terminals in place of that connector - but the red connector is also now obsolete.

We started with what we thought was a lifetime supply of them, and now we're down to maybe two years before we run out. Then they're gone forever.

The splice pigtail is available: http://www.casperselectronics.com/store2/product_info.php?products_id=981