Pass side Valve cover gasket.

Ryan

CEO/Founder Nakslist.com
Got an oil leak from the pass side valve cover toward the firewall. Looks like the hardest bolt to get to. Any advice while doing this job? If I take out the bolts will it come right off or do I have to unbolt more parts to get it off? What kind of gasket should I use? Should I use silicone....and what kind? Thanks

I didn't need to remove any other parts to get it out. It just takes a bit of wiggling to remove and install. (Cursing may have helped me too)

Should I use a continuous bead of "right stuff"? Is this just to hold the gasket onto the Valve cover? Or should I use it between the gasket and head?

Should I use a continuous bead of "right stuff"? Is this just to hold the gasket onto the Valve cover? Or should I use it between the gasket and head?

I use regular rtv or permatex 2 to hold the cork gasket to the valve cover only,nothing on the gasket to head rail surface.

I wouldn't use the right stuff or ultra black for this application,these sealers are for things you don't want to remove again. :eek:

I moved the black harness out of my way when I did my passenger side valve cover gasket.