Paging Cal Hartline

jasjamz

THS Racer
1419356564408.jpg

Since when do Caddys wheelstand?
Awesome Ride!
Is this your car or one you're tuning?
Details, Details, Details requested!

Nice ! Looks like he's running x275 et pro out back . Bad ass tire , I keep em on my Buick luv em!!!

Thats a 17" drag radial. That is by far the quickest 60' recorded for a CTS V. Congrats Cal. Cant wait to see it in the 8's.

Yes, this is my car. I'm running a 325/45/17 M&H tire. It's a built engine with the stock blower, trans, convertor, rear, mufflers, etc..
It ran 9.56 with the stock blower and an alkycontrol kit. I'm planning on spraying it into the 8's. Unfortunately, I hurt the trans when the car spun and hooked. So, now I'm down for a couple weeks to get the trans fixed. Manny has already ran an 8.97 with NOS, and is the top dog.

Yes, this is my car. I'm running a 325/45/17 M&H tire. It's a built engine with the stock blower, trans, convertor, rear, mufflers, etc..
It ran 9.56 with the stock blower and an alkycontrol kit. I'm planning on spraying it into the 8's. Unfortunately, I hurt the trans when the car spun and hooked. So, now I'm down for a couple weeks to get the trans fixed. Manny has already ran an 8.97 with NOS, and is the top dog.
Cal,
What do you think the potential is with one of these turbocharged? Of course built around the turbo.

BPE2013@hotmail.com

It's an LS3 engine with a lot of potential. The problem is the platform. These cars w/driver weigh around 4500#. It's hard to make anything that heavy very fast. The IRS is a little tricky too. The cool thing is it's a Cadillac with all the creature comforts. The stock drivetrain is very strong and has been mid 9's. There are a couple of twin turbo CTSV's. So far nothing impressive. I considered going this route, but was worried I would head down a path of building another race car. I don't have the spare time or desire to start a project of that caliber.

Surprisingly, a lot of CTSV owners are turbo Buick guys. I guess it was a sensible transition when a new GN wasn't available

Thanks for the reply. Did you make a full pass on that run?
How do you launch it? Footbrake and nitrous?

On that pass the car launched off the foot brake and then didn't shift into second correctly so I aborted the pass. I did another pass and launched off the footbrake and used the nitrous in the first 3 gears, turning it off before each shift. It wasn't very clean but managed a 9.31 w/1.32 60' This isn't very impressive considering I went 9.54 w/1.31 60' without nitrous

If you plan on anymore highway rollovers, you better cage it! Haha! Phil.