Pace Car's To Indy This May, Finally! See You There!

John Pearcy

Hi all, I think this is pretty much what we've all been waiting for.

Please contact me by PM to let me know if your going to be able to make it so I can check you off on the list I made.

Below is the official Press release from the Indy Museum.

Indianapolis Motor Speedway Hall of Fame Museum
Indianapolis 500 Pace Car Reunion
May 19 – 21, 2006

The Indianapolis Motor Speedway Hall of Fame Museum will celebrate the 90th Running of the Indianapolis 500-Mile Race and the cars that paced the race. Pace Car owners will have the opportunity to meet and greet other Pace Car owners and share the excitement surrounding the 90th Anniversary celebration here on the grounds of the world-famous Indianapolis Motor Speedway. View 500 Pace Cars from the past >>

If you have an Indianapolis 500 “Official” Pace Car or a Track/Festival Car from 1911 - 2005, and would like to participate in our event, please fill out the attached form and return it to us with a current photograph and biography of your vehicle.

http://www.indy500.com/pacecarreunion/Pace_Car_Entry_Form.pdf

An application must be completed for each entry. Applications are now being accepted. If interested, please return the form by March 31, 2006. All forms must be postmarked by Wednesday, March 31, 2006. No faxes or e-mails accepted. The entry fee is $90 per car, and checks must be made payable to IMSF.

Please mail your entry to:
Indianapolis Motor Speedway Hall of Fame Museum / PC
Attn: Ellen Bireley
4790 W. 16th St.
Indianapolis, IN 46222

A brief outline of the event follows, although the exact times are subject to change:

Friday, May 19, 2006

Noon – 5 p.m. Cars will be staged on the Indianapolis Motor Speedway infield, in a picturesque setting near the lake and golf course.
6:30 – 8:30 p.m. Dinner reception on the grounds of the Indianapolis Motor Speedway. The dinner reception is open only to Pace Car show participants.
Saturday, May 20, 2006

8 a.m. – 6 p.m. Cars will be displayed in the infield, in their assigned spot that they received Friday, May 19.
Sunday, May 21, 2006

8 a.m. – 6 p.m. Cars will be displayed in the infield, in their assigned spot that they received Friday, May 19.
6 p.m. Cars will be staged and then take one lap around the famed oval at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway. This is a parade lap, and the car will be driven between 30-40 mph.
Each entrant will receive:

2 Bronze Badges (gate admission & garage area access)
1 Parking Pass
Dinner Reception
Event Shirt
Event Plaque
Track Lap
IMS reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to reject (or rescind acceptance) of any entry. Should you have any questions, please call (317) 492-6746.

Ok, so is this a public show? Kinda confusing. I'm assuming the pit badges will give you access to your car, or does that mean that you can't bring family or friends, unless you want to pay $100 more per person? :confused:

The way I'm understanding it is that the only people who will even see the cars or know this is happening are the pace car owners themselves, and one guest, or +$100 per extra guest. Is this the way everyone else is understanding this?

Howdy all!

I just got off the phone with a rep from Indy. He told me that not only is there a time limit to sign up but there is a number of car limit also. They are limiting the event to 500 cars. They are asking for all official pace cars to come, which is what we all have. Here's an email address if you have any questions.

kirchenbauer@sbcglobal.net

If you want to go, you need to sign up fast.

Alright I called today to ask some questions. The reason the extra passes are $100 is because I guess they're good for the whole month of May and get you access to other buildings at IMS. The event is taken place in the infield the 2nd weekend of qualifying for the Indy 500. This includes the bump day so there will be quite a few people there. They allow modified cars as long as it was originally a Pace Car or Festival car.

There's another F-body event happening the same weekend at Indianapolis Raceway Park (about 10 miles down the street from IMS). I plan on entering my car at the pace car event and then going to the FBody event to spectate. If any other TTA guys are planning on going let me know and maybe we can try to arrange to be in the same hotel.

I'm afraid my transmission problems may cause me to use the money I was going to use to go to this event. :frown: I'll try to pinch some penny's. This is once in a lifetime.

Who Needs 8 said:
I'm afraid my transmission problems may cause me to use the money I was going to use to go to this event. :frown: I'll try to pinch some penny's. This is once in a lifetime.

Let me know if it doesn't look like you'll be able to afford it. I have some friends in Indy that I can talk to and see if we can stay there. I know I have a lot of events in Indy that I plan on attending and it doesn't look like I can afford to stay at a hotel each time.

I'm going. I sent them a check like right after this thread was posted. They haven't cashed the check yet, but I got an inventation to some like $400 dinner. With the invitation was a little letter talking about going to the dinner and said something along the lines of "Dear Pace Car Reunion Antendee".