"P" Trim wheel in a stock Garrett .63 housing- HP limit?

9SECVSIX

Have a custom TA 62mm compressor with a "P" trim turbine wheel. Have two housings
a .63 garett cut for a "P" trim and a .82 T'netics . Motor is a .030 over 3.8 P&P heads, 210-215 hyd roller , 3000 stall 10" NLU 8.75 C/R Bottom end should be real strong with the Garrett but will run out of flow to soon on the top end. Which one would you try? I believe at one time Limit maybe have used larger compressor wheels with the "P" trim Garett labeled the LT45e ?
Thanks

i ran a 62 ptrim with a tnetics .82 and a tnetics .63.the .63 housing has been in the 9's so i dont think it will slow you down but the .82 is a nice housing if your going to run big boost

I ran low 11's 2 years ago with a 60-1 compressor and 76 p trim with Garrett .63. Car trapped around 124@26-27psi in 80* air. It will run well into the 10's. Fwiw there is no 62 compressor that was ever commonly used other than than newer precision cea 62. You converter will likely eat up mph more than the Garrett .63 will choke off power. The .82 housing will free up some power if you can trap 125+ but you're not going to feel it. I had it up to 501whp with that turbo also.

This is a budget turbo built form some good used parts i had collecting dust. The compressor wheel is a old school T,netics 62-1 wheel (part#20255T) it's only rated at 60lbs/min. So really not much better than the old proven 60-1 wheel.I think I'll give the .82 a try, if it seems to lazy i will switch to the .63 I fibbed a little about the converter, it's a custom 9-1/2" that Steve Barr built me a few years ago, I had it behind the Stg motor in my TR, am not worried about it letting the car down. The motor has a good set of double 1.48" valve springs so I know it will RPM with boost. This is going on a car that's never been down a drag strip and probably never will. Thanks guys for your input.

That makes sense. I did a tread about the 60-1 last summer. Went 10.61 with one on a junk engine. It spools extremely fast no matter what ex housing I used. I've tried the Garrett.82,.63, and the precision .85. All spooled like a champ with the ptc 9.5". The heads I used were crap with stock valves and only a bowl cleanup.

That makes sense. I did a tread about the 60-1 last summer. Went 10.61 with one on a junk engine. It spools extremely fast no matter what ex housing I used. I've tried the Garrett.82,.63, and the precision .85. All spooled like a champ with the ptc 9.5". The heads I used were crap with stock valves and only a bowl cleanup.

OK...........Am not happy with the bottom end responce with the .82 T'netics on this 62mm big shaft "P" trim. I machined a .63 garrett yesterday for this turbo, am expecting a quicker spool,hope we are not dissapointed. Converter may be a little to tight.