Out of curiosity - what's my GN worth?

The TTAs have taken a huge hit lately and some can't give them away. The TRs have seem to Lost general audience interest. I don't know if it is economy related or if it is just cyclical

With the current situation of the economic issues we suffered from the removal of the Glass-Stiegel Act and adding the "affordable" housing bill, and now with the "affordable" healthcare law, things aren't going to get better in the market. The money that people had in the late 90's is long gone and their investments dried up over night. Those "McMillionaires" that had the extra cash to drive the market up aren't there any more and now can't afford the luxuries that they did 15 or so years ago. It really will be 10 or more years before the market comes back up and these cars are worth what they should be.:( Not trying to make this political but stating facts that are driving the market right now. The economy was starting to come back but now everyone needs to dig up another $200-$1000 per month to cover the new insurance law that just came into effect, and that means very few extras.:mad:

Not selling, but after looking at all theses for sale ads it seems like people are practically giving their cars away. Then again, most of the cars I see are built more as drag cars and still have the original interior and paint. That being said, what do you all think the market would bring for my car? See build thread below.

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/threads/extreme-budget-gn-build-thread.357048/

Pretty much a frame off resto mod. State Farm didn't even bat an eye when I asked for a $30k agreed value policy. No appraisal needed. When I see all these nice cars going for under $20k I wonder why they have no issue insuring mine for so much? So, throw your .02 in!

1. What someone is willing to pay
2. What your willing to take.

thats the easiest answer to ur question due to market conditions

That's the easy and obvious answer.
I think the question was more along the lines of us as a community maybe speculating about WHY the market is crappy or maybe WHAT factors are important to the specific and particular "turbo buick buyer".
Is it only price? Does it have to do with location? Is the pecking order in terms of valuation GNX, 87 GN, 86GN, Limited? (or WE4), etc...
Not to hijack the OP's thread but I see the same things he mentioned. Is a drag car more desirable/valuable? Or maybe just a modded car? Original paint better than repaint?

(again, these are questions that it would be interesting to know the answers to (or at least get more insight) from prospective buyers)

Yeah, it is hard to gauge what the buyer is looking for. What I do see is that the all original, unmolested cars are not bringing the kind of money that I would expect. The gns that are built for the strip need to be given away. I really wonder what dsapper will get for his, but that is a complete 1 of a kind over the top build.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app