Orlando Pics

I have actually seen this yellow Mustang at our local car show (Tower shops) and to be honest looking at it leads me to believe it was built more as a show car.... It didn't qualify in Radial as the driver seemed to be having some problems staging the car and he would just idle it out and ease into it... Maybe he was scared of putting it on the bumper?? I personally just liked the way it looked!

I think your right Steve. I saw him wax the car twice during the event and that's just what I saw. There's no telling how many times it got waxed during the entire weekend. I think his converter was way to tight, they were playing with it some Friday to get it to build more boost on the brake but never made any progress. I would have been pulling the tranny and fixing the converter instead of waxing it, but that's just me. It was a really nice car.

Speaking of that I wish I got some pics of this purple twin turbo Nova (Dusty knows the car I'm talking about)... That car was probably the most beautiful car there!!!!

I would like to shake the man's hand that did all the aluminum welding on that car. If you look at the intake and intercooler it was a work of art.

Wow !

This event keeps geting bigger and bigger and the participants keep getting faster ! I'd never seen so many people. The line to get in was disgusting.

It was great seeing Dave and (the better half), the Hartlines, Tony, Dusty. Saw Wayne drive by in a sharp looking turbo buggy, and I missed you guys Steve... but awsome pics.

Dave , that Buick sure looked NICE going down the track ! Got to put bigger sneakers on your ride, though. Smokin' those babes out of the gate the last two passes. I see an 8 second DR ride, once you get the tire spin controlled.

Thanks for showing up, (long ride for you), and representing the BUICK community. ;)

C-U all at Reynolds in a couple of weeks !

Dusty Bradford said:
I think your right Steve. I saw him wax the car twice during the event and that's just what I saw. There's no telling how many times it got waxed during the entire weekend. I think his converter was way to tight, they were playing with it some Friday to get it to build more boost on the brake but never made any progress. I would have been pulling the tranny and fixing the converter instead of waxing it, but that's just me. It was a really nice car.

I would like to shake the man's hand that did all the aluminum welding on that car. If you look at the intake and intercooler it was a work of art.

Yeah it would seem that he was more concerned with keeping it clean than making a good pass...

Everything was top notch on that Nova from the fabrication/welding down to that beautiful purple paint job! I kick myself in the ass for not getting pics of it :mad: :redface:

Boost said:
This event keeps geting bigger and bigger and the participants keep getting faster ! I'd never seen so many people. The line to get in was disgusting.

It was great seeing Dave and (the better half), the Hartlines, Tony, Dusty. Saw Wayne drive by in a sharp looking turbo buggy, and I missed you guys Steve... but awsome pics.

Dave , that Buick sure looked NICE going down the track ! Got to put bigger sneakers on your ride, though. Smokin' those babes out of the gate the last two passes. I see an 8 second DR ride, once you get the tire spin controlled.

Thanks for showing up, (long ride for you), and representing the BUICK community. ;)

C-U all at Reynolds in a couple of weeks !

Yeah we saw Wayne, but missed you guys.... Were you guys there Saturday and Sunday or just Saturday?? It should be interesting to see how this same type of event does at Bradenton this year (January 27-29 the U.S. Street Nationals).....

Thanks Chris :cool: I'll be down here in Florida cheering for that 7 second pass at Vegas :biggrin:

Steve Miller's S10 on fire

IMG_1678_sm.JPG

Scary stuff, but at least he got out okay... The truck was not so lucky thanks to the slow track officials and empty fire extinguisher which you can see the guy reaching for in this pic :mad:

Nice picts, thanks. Too bad about the S-10. Was there any other carnage?

Nashty said:
Nice picts, thanks. Too bad about the S-10. Was there any other carnage?

Yeah actually there was another chevy truck (believe it was also an older boxy body style S10) that crashed during qualifying for Outlaw 10.5 on Friday... The truck had a single turbo SBC...

If you watch the video I posted in this thread...
http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/showthread.php?t=169139
around the 1 min and 10 secs into it you will see what I'm talking about, truck passed the traps hit the guardrail and flipped! Driver was okay, but the truck didn't look too good :(